• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while exporting images to PDF and other formats.

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this error in all the previous versions of XD and everytime there is an update I am hoping to have this fixed, but the bug persist as per latest version 35.3.12

The issue is that when Images are exported to PDF (and also to other formats) The result is not as in Adobe XD Board, the dimensions are completelly different and the result is uselless.

I have attached an example from one of the templates provede from Adobe. 

- Screen 1 shows the Artboard view

- Screen 2 shows the result on PDF

Thank you!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

I still also have the same Problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hi, I've found a random fix to this if you're on Mac OS.

From the finder, right click on your PDF exported from XD and select 'Open With > Save as PDF' you can redistill the PDF to a new file with whatever distiller setting you want. It seems to fix the corrupt preview for me and often results in a smaller file too.

Cheers, Gaz.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adrian ,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with export to PDF , I tried to reproduce the issue from my end but couldn't . Can you please help me with the reproducible steps if possible, please share the file with us (You can send me over a private message directly)?

Regards,
Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Does this happen on Acrobat Reader, or only on Mac Preview? There is a known issue with the Mac Preview client that misinterprets PDFs. A possible workaround is to open the PDF in Illustrator and export it again as (actually wrong) PDF. Let us know if this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues over and over it's very frustrating. Adobe please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay5F87,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to know if you're experiencing the issue on mac machine. If yes, have you tried the workaround suggested by Elaine? 

In the meanwhile, I am checking the status of the issue with our team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not but my team generates hundreds of PDF to send client a day, so it adds up in terms of an extra steps for my team.

I do appreciate the response and suggestion.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your frustration, Jay5F87. I checked with the team, and it looks like the issue is addressed in the most recent version of macOS. Could you please confirm if you're using the latest version of your mac operating system?

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on 12.1 (21C52) macOS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details of your operating system. I will check with the team and get back to you with an update.

I also want to confirm that you're using the latest version of XD, i.e., XD 47.1.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup please see attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add up: It happens with iOS too. Actually, this happens exclusevely with Apple systems. But its not their fault, since figma, for example, don't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe XD has been improving lots which I love, but still really hope the issue of upside down/enlarged images when export PDF can be solve. Because everyone wants everything in PDF nowadays so it's really painful to export my endless prototypes in JPEG and make a PDF again in Acrobat and it's just not efficient.

I've attached 2 side by side examples.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and Adobe still can't fix this issue.
Please do something!

(Already tried what people here suggested opening in Illustrator and exporting from there, but when I open the file in Illustrator all the text moves and the lines break, so this is also not a solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still also have the same Problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I've found a random fix to this if you're on Mac OS.

From the finder, right click on your PDF exported from XD and select 'Open With > Save as PDF' you can redistill the PDF to a new file with whatever distiller setting you want. It seems to fix the corrupt preview for me and often results in a smaller file too.

Cheers, Gaz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines