• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i overlay a component on top of another overlaid component? Please help.

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, while producing a very basic prototype i was attempting the have a slide out navigation appear on top of another slide out component. At the moment one closes the other and i want it to overlay over the top. Is this possible? I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're trying to do, have an overlay on top of another overlay, is considered a nested overlay. Nested overlays aren't supported in Adobe XD:

Add overlays

What is the 2nd overlay? I wonder if you could accomplish what you want with a button that has no fill or stroke in the Default State and the content you want in State 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S1.pngS3.pngS2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Myra, I've attached the screens above to show what i was attempting. Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shemmings75 

Sorry but there is no direct way to do this in Adobe XD. You can enable this in 2 steps but first you need to separate both the overlays. You need to create 3 artboards total instead of 2.

Artboard 1: Has the option to click

Artboard 2: First overlay and the animation for it

Artboard 3: Second transistion component (Should be hidden and minimised in artboard 2)

Process

Step 1: Create the overlay for artboard 1-2 in a normal way

Step 2: Create a time based transistion of 0.2/0.4 secs (depending on the time in your first transistion) from artboard 2-3

Please let us know if this workaround helps. I've tried it once and it does a pretty similar and good job.

Thanks,   Jose

Gracias, Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jose, I'll give it a try. You will see on the screen grabs I've attached above I was investigating having the navigation sliding out on top of the help centre slide out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines