• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create components groups in a shared library made from an online XD document

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Our team just started using XD and we created a library from an online document on adobe cloud (with the publish button). The owner of the library and everyone else in the team have "View only" access when we manage the library on the Adobe Creative Cloud app and we can't create groups to organize our components. Although we're all have the "Edit" right. We have a lot of components in our guideline and we need to organize them for a better workflow. We saw that if we made a simple library (not published from an Adobe XD file) we can create groups. But it's harder to update the components because there is no source file. It's really illogical to see differences between a manual library and library made from a XD file. And even in XD, when we open this shared guideline, we have the filter "Filter by groups" but it does the same thing as "Filter by type", because we can't add more groups than the default types groups XD has. We are currently switching to XD from Sketch, it's really disappointing because we could organize a big guideline with no effort in Sketch and this made our workflow less smooth.

Why can't we create groups in this case ? Is this a bug or are we missing something ? 

Thanks in advance for your response 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Thank you for reporting. It's bit confusing to understand your issue.

Whatever I have understood, will explain on those. 

- If the shared library has Can view access , then collaborator can't edit the library.

- If the shared library has Can edit access, then collaborator can edit but source file need to be shared as well like library was shared.

So only solution is You need to ask to Owner to change the edit access of the library and ask to share the published Document to organize the component. Even if library has access to edit, you can't organize component until you don't have source file. 

What you mean by manual library, is it about old library? In old library, component will add as graphic and when drag on canvas will become Group. Components are not added in Old library.

Feel free to ask if you still have any doubts on it.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's a bit complicated to explain, sorry. I will share you screens so it will easier to understand. 

So the first screen "shared library", you can see that everyone has the edit access but no one can't create groups even the owner. The document source exists as we can see on the screen and it's writed we're on "View access only". We couldn't find more settings to change the edit access except on each user, but they already all have edit access.

The second screen, is the document source which is shared with everyone of our team. So like you said we have to do, everyone can alery access the document source. 

The only thing is that i'm the owner of the document source but an another team member is the owner of the library. So I did a quick test with an another document where I'm the owner of the library and the document source, and same problem : can't add groups, can't change anything in the settings and I have view acces only. So it's not a problem of owners. 

When I talked about "manual library" it's a library which is created directly from adobe creative cloud (by exemple) and not from a document source in adobe XD. When we click on the "Add +" button, it creates the library and we can't link a document source, we need to upload the components from creative cloud or any adobe software. So there is not document source in this type of library.

Is there something we're missing or is it clearly a bug ? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for being this late.

Actually, it is working as designed. 

You can't create groups manually in Published document libraries, not even as owner . It will look similar to asset panel.

Creating Group is only possible in Traditional libraries in which you can't store/link components.

But you can request for this Feature in Adobe XD: Feature Requests and get upvoted, depending on number of votes it will be considered in future.

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worst here... created a component Library in XD. I'm the only owner, so I could add more assets from other apps, as Illustrator. But not! It appear in Illustrator as a "linked " library, an can't do nothing with it (for example, add vector illustrations to the library.

Instead for example, I made another library in XD (the one named "Jettainer DS + Compopnents"), but this isn't not linked and can be edited and added new items.

I've been one week trying to figure it out what happens... and I assume it's simply UX bad conception, limitations and usability. Too complicated to manage assets between libraries and always bugs and conection issues depending on which tool you are using.

Screenshot-2022-03-31-152520.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines