• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find the adobeXd in cc app list !!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There

I'm trying to install adobexd in windows10 (I've check already my current version is up to date) i can't find the adobexd in cc app list. I've tried many ways to troubleshoot this issue but it seems like a hopeless. does anybody have any ideas regarding this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hello elainecc​, for some reason this morning my XD Beta release was waiting for me to download it for CC 🙂 have installed it and it works fine...wierd stuff hein? Tks for your help and keep up the good work...Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received contact info for two people and have forwarded them to the Creative Cloud installer team to help triage. I'll circle back with an answer when we get it!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​I found the error and why it wasn't installing in the Log file located in: "%temp%\AdobeDownload\  (paste this into the Start > Search box to find the log)". I got to the end of the log file for my latest attempt to refresh my app list and google searched this single line:

12/16/16 03:20:08:265 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 17212 | Preference: Client has set the preference for single stream download

Client hasn't set any preference! And where would I do this?

I found a hit on an adobe forum (No Adobe support for CC Team Members if you have installed Parallels on your Mac ) where a user ran a virtual copy of Windows 7 on his Mac for Powerpoint. Parallels was installed to allow that to work. Long story short, the user set their system back to factory and everything worked great since there was no extra software to allow a virtual machine to run. Virtual machines are not supported by Adobe.

That got me thinking. I just installed DriveImage XML in a failed attempt to run a virtual machine for Windows XP. I needed old software that was completely incompatible with Windows 7 & 10 for a project at work. I had tried several different solutions for this problem but none of them worked. I thought I had uninstalled all of the software for that process. I checked my installed programs and sure enough, that was the only recent software installed. Since that was the only software I had left from that project, I uninstalled it. Maybe the possibility of running a virtual machine was the culprit?

I refreshed the Application list one time and BOOM! There was Adobe XD.

Thank you to everyone on the forum and to Adobe staff for suggesting that I provide the Log file so they could review it. I hope this solution may help other users who may have the same problem. I greatly appreciate all of the work you guys put in behind the scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jlclark3adobe you're a lucky man. @arpitkapoor elainecc in my case i couldn't find a solution yet my windows and cc vorsions are up to date. even i dont know technically what the heck is there behind this issue. i completely lost my mind figure out this any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Nazreen_exe​, my system is up to date, windows 10 anniversary, bla bla bla, i give up 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers !!! carlosn1450771

thanks for join with me lol      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey carlosn1450771-

Sorry to hear that! We definitely want to get you up and running. I'd love to help you triage the issue. Can you please try these things:

1. Does this still happen if you sign out and sign back into the Creative Cloud application?

2.  Can you go to the "Find New Apps" section of the Creative Cloud  application and check the filter? If it's not set to All Apps, set it to  that and see if that helps.

3. If XD is still not visible, can you check to see if the Creative Cloud is running compatibility mode? Here's an explanation: Windows 10 Forums If so, you should turn it off and restart the machine.

4. If all else fails, could you please run the Log Collector Tool and send me the results?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello elainecc​

All else have failed indeed 😞

Tks for your help, i'm an advanced XD user on Mac and i can't wait to explore the windows release as in the office we have win10 for the whole design team 🙂

You can download Log here: File Sharing (totaly safe, company explorer...)

Tks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. If I read the log correctly, you should be getting an error 130 when you try to install. Is this correct? Do you happen to have any other instances of Adobe XD (maybe from the prerelease) on your system? Have you already tried the Creative Cloud cleaner tool?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello elainecc​, for some reason this morning my XD Beta release was waiting for me to download it for CC 🙂 have installed it and it works fine...wierd stuff hein? Tks for your help and keep up the good work...Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, carlosn1450771​-

Woohoo! Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know you got it resolved.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey elainecc,

I am having the same problem. I upated both windows and adobe cc installer to the latest version but I still can't see Xd on my application list to install.

I have used all browsers that are commonly used, but it still ends up not doing anything.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Teddyathlon1212-

Apologies for the delay - we were all offline for the holidays and are just getting back. Were you able to resolve your issue? Can you confirm your OS build number for us?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's helped -

If XD is still not visible, can you check to see if the Creative Cloud is running compatibility mode? Here's an explanation: Windows 10 Forums

If so, you should turn it off and restart the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. ive checked that its not in compatibility mode, and my windows updater say everything is up to date, but it still doesn't show up on the app list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Elaine,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have windows 10 pro and my compatibility mode is off. For some reason it's not showing up on my Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!! Great to hear that you got it sorted out and for sharing the solution.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The strangest thing just happened. My Creative Cloud application just prompted me for a Muse update. I clicked update and it installed without a hiccup as with any application update. So my CC application seems to function correctly.

Yet XD will not show up regardless of how many times I have polled for updates. It's almost like the Creative Cloud application has checked my system for compatibility issues and it thinks there is a problem. I know that I have installed all of the latest updates (including the Windows 10 Anniversary update, which was as soon as it was available). I actually downloaded the latest cumuative update manually this morning and attempted to install it. A prompt stated that is was already installed. So there is confirmation that Windows 10 is completely up to date. I checked for any errors in previous Windows updates and found none.

My Creative Cloud application is up to date.

I am running a first generation Cintiq Companion (originally running Windows 8 64 bit, upgraded to Windows 10 for free as soon as it was available).

All of my specs are below. I know people are looking into this but the information below may help:

Windows 10 Home, Version: 1607 64 bit

OS Build: 14393.576

Intel Core i7 processor @ 1.90 GHz 2.40 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Creative Cloud application: Version 3.9.5.353 released on 12/14/16

Thanks again to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD does not show up in the cloud manager. Go to the XD page an download from there. After install, it will appear in the cloud manager.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/experience-design?promoid=RPZBNCDH&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nazreen,

Do you have Windows 10 Anniversary update installed?

You will only be able to see Adobe XD update, if you have the Win 10 Anniversary update. How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Please check the same and let us know.

Cheers

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and for me turning off the compatibility mode (was Windows 7) worked !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything on my Windows 10 Pro... But couldn't get the Experience Design (Beta) on my Creative Cloud's Apps List. I think you should provide an Offline version of XD so we can install it without any problems.

Thanks

Sagor Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as everyone else. New computer, completely up-to-date on Win 10. XD just does not appear in CC.
It's not running any compatibilty mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines