• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open XD files after converting Design System to Library

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe XD updated itself to the latest version (34.1.12) and I published my Design System Cloud Xds to Libraries (I can't actually remember why I did this, and I'm really wishing I hadn't).

Now I can't open most of my XD files that use assets from those libraries. I'm switching between a Windows laptop, a very high-end Windows desktop and a Macbook Pro. Now and again I will successfully open an XD file but it takes about an hour and will crash if I try to save it. Mostly, XD simply hangs for anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes, gobbling up system resources until there are none left and then crashes.

When I do successfully open a XD file, all the linkages are broken and assets all show the red broken link icon. 

My teammate is having the same issue on a Mac.

We are 4 months into an enormous project and now we're shafted. In theory I could donwgrade my XD to the previous version, but my Design System files are now in the latest version and can't be down-saved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the exact same problem today. start to download the project files via the web application fixed it magically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply. What exaclty do you mean "download the project files via the web application"? All my design files are "local" (actually in Google Drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I'm trying to revert back to simply using the linked Cloud document. So I deleted the Library from "Libraries" area in Creative Cloud, but when I choose "Link Cloud Dodument Assets..." from the file menu inside XD, and choose my Design System file, I get the alert

"Linked assets from 'My Design System' have been converted to a Library. Learn More."

So okay, maybe the XD file itself now has some flag that indicates it's the source of a library. Not to worry, I'll revert back to an old version. So I follow these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/open-revert-cloud-document-version.html to revert to an older version, but instead of seeing a menu like

Name this version

Revert to this version

I see this:

Open in Adobe XD...

Rename this version

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the samle problem! Anyone help us?? 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines