• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-How to share multiple XD files or a folder from 'Cloud Documents'?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 80 XD files that I'd like to share with a co-worker. However, I've saved all of these files to my Cloud Documents, and as far as I can tell, I can't batch download OR batch share all of the files. The only solution I can find is to manually share (or download) each file individually... which is crazy. Does anyone have any other solutions? I'm wishing I never saved my files to the Cloud.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the files to a USB flash drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to be able to do that, but from what I can see, I'd have to download a local version of each of the 80 files, one by one. There's no way to batch move/download from Creative Cloud Documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try moving all the files to a folder and sharing the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't, that's the problem. From Creative Cloud documents, I can't share or download a folder. I can only share (or download) individual files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tamswarte,

It looks like this is the functionality you are looking for: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36820597-folders-f...? If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a way. Here was my solution.

I went to the local storage location. I zipped them up into one file.

I attached the zipped file to an email.

I sent the email to the other user, and they downloaded it into their local folder...

NOW they can take it on the road while they work on a few of the pending features.

I am sure there is a better way to share files... but for now, this was my "do it now" solution. and it worked  just fine.

It should have a secure accessable repository for invitees. but it does not. Sharing only shares screens and actions, NOT the SVG Iconography I created from scratch in XD.

Clearly I am NOT an expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't, and I totally agree with you: it is absolutely crazy !

After 5 decades of personal computing, we've got used to working with files and folders, on local storage and network servers, from floppy's to flash memory. And now these cloud services tend to ignore and forget the sheer neccessities of dead-simple file management. Oh yeah, it demoes so nice and looks very futuristic, to work on a project in the cloud, whimsically swapping devices, and seemingly effortlessly collaborate with  co-workers.

But in stead of alleviating the burden of technologies and bringing in more comfort and certainty, specialized wheels (with lots of bumps in them) are reinvented, which only roll on special roads (not even all roads). And in this specific case, users are not happy with managing just one file at a time – oh wait, it's even worse: just one unique file at the time, with a fair chance of ending up with corrupted data and lost work...

No dear Adobe, whatever your reasons are (either commercially, strategically, technically, legally, or all of it) for making it so difficult to understand and use all these types of flawed file management plus a couple of half-baked technologies for libraries and templates – this MAZE of MADNESS needs to stop !! You're definitely not helping here. It started with stuff like Version Cue in the CS era, and it has been getting crazier since Adobe CC.

Please bring back common sense, stick with the Creative Cloud Synced Files folder, stop with all these Projects and Creations, and various restrictive methods to offer cloud-based features. It took Apple more than 10 years to finally implement some user-accessible file system in iOS (which is also still very unstable and flawed). Be wiser, and act more competent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years on.. its 2022 and its still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahem... NOTHING is the same !!

Maybe you've been living and working under a rock for the last 4 weeks, but Adobe surprised everyone by doing what they had to do: they acquired Figma. And actually, my guess is they did it for all the things we've been complaining about and begging for: more features, more options, less crashes, better collaboration. 

Just look at @Anna5FFD's post in this discussion, right below ours: 

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-15 om 12.16.48.png

What the hell Anna, Adobe switched too !!

Let's see what Adobe MAX brings next week, what their official stance on it is after 4 weeks of turmoil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is garbage. I am switching to Figma. Or Sketch. Or...literally anything else. Seriously. What the hell Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines