• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly unable to type

Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All day I've been getting this bug where every once in a while I'm unable to type anything in XD, whether using the type tool or renaming layers, styles etc...

There's nothing wrong with my keyboard as I'm typing this while XD doesn't allow me to type anything.

A restart fixes the problem for a while before it reoccurs.

I'm using Windows 10 and XD 54.0.12.5

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with my XD. Version is the same XD 54.0.12.5. Sometimes I make a workaround by typing in another XD window and then coming back to my project to not restart, but this is annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mowglivj and Stoyanov,

Thank you for reaching out. If you'd allow, I'll try my best to assist you here. 

Would you mind checking if you're experiencing this while XD is autosaving? 

Please collect logs from your machine using this link and share them with me via private message (Go to my profile and click send a message button) after uploading them to CC or Dropbox. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please share the details I mentioned in my previous post so I can proceed with the investigation. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Atul.
I will be back on XD for a project tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stoyanov, 

I hope you're doing fine. I'd like to know if you had a chance to collect the logs. If possible, please share a short video of this behavior as well. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

This keeps happening and it's really slowing my workflow. Every 5 mins XD freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's doing all kinds of weird things. Typing in the third window of padding settings results in typing in the first. This is NOT acceptable by any stretch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mowglivj,

Sorry for the delay in response, and thank you for sharing the logs. Would you mind updating to XD 54.1 and letting me know if that helps? 

If the problem persists, please record a short video where you can replicate the issue along with the logs from the latest version. This will help us narrow it down. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Xd to the latest version and the problem persists. No surprise really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now I can't even type when saving a file to rename it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news on this? It's getting pretty extreme. Copying and pasting text should take 2 seconds, it takes several minutes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done as requested.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting really tedious, updating basic text takes ages with long waits in between selecting text and being able to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem continues in the version 54.1.12.1,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines