Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying from Illustrator to XD does not work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

For some reason when I attempt to copy a simple piece of vector art from Illustrator to XD, it doesn't work. What's weird is that I've been working within the same file for a week and have been copying and pasting vector art all week. Any advice? Here's what I'm running on:

Windows 10

Intel i7 7700K

16 gigs DDR4

GTX 1080

Both Illustrator and XD are up to date, I have already restarted the programs and PC, anitvirus is disabled. I can copy and past text from browsers (as a test) to XD...

Super weird problem..

Cheers,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing this feedback here. Could you please try to open a new document in Adobe XD and check if you are able to paste elements from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD? I would also like to know the exact version that you are using for Adobe XD.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Is this for a specific part of artwork? If so, you can try exporting it to SVG (instead of copying it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows RS5? I hear that a bug is breaking SVG import on this Windows build.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem but this only happens on and off. I tried to restart the app and it still doesn't work. I'm using a Mac here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Facing the same issue ON and OFF....
Also all XD files get crashed at times while pasting even in a new file OR XD get hanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines