Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Massive performance problems (because of component use) with XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Since I use the new components feature (I really love it!), the XD performance is going down with any new element I add or use in the design.
Now it has reached a point, where I can't do anything without crashing the whole programm. It even crashes, when I just want to save it offline.

Hardware:

I’m using a MacBook Pro 2018, 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, with 32 GB DDR4, and a Radeon Pro 560X 4GB graphic card.

That really should be enough for everything.

I’m working on a big app project with round about 150 screens that I have placed all on my canvas – together with my components collections.

At the moment I’m struggling with:

– File opening times of 2-5 min

– Auto save time (Cloud) of 1-5 min

– Crash of XD, now basically after any action

Working is unfortunately not possible that way!

The main problems (that all play together) are:

– Cloud auto-save, that makes working hell because of the long loading times

– Main components (e. g. the footer bar, header bar, accordions, that are on nearly any screen), including a lot of „inactive“ components, icons and setting, to be flexible in changing in the screens

– Repeat grid with large components are a direct XD crash, when I ungroup them

What makes it a little bit better (… but can't be the long term solution):

– Using a smaller window size for XD

– Working off-Cloud

– Using a separate file to group and build the screens and later paste them in the main layout (works until paste into the main file 😉 )

Is there anything else I can do be able to work again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Hi Kristopher and Marc,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I would like to confirm if your issue is resolved in the latest version of XD 31.2.

Please feel free to update the discussion and let me know if you need further assistance on the issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

What's the status with this issue?

I have the same issues that is mentioned by the other users above.
Have your XD team come up with a solution on this yet? 

System: Windows 10

Thanks,
Kristophpher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristopher and Marc,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I would like to confirm if your issue is resolved in the latest version of XD 31.2.

Please feel free to update the discussion and let me know if you need further assistance on the issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also help if you could share a video reproducing the issue as also share the XD file with Harshika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how this thread is marked as solved. The "Correct Answer" is not an answer at all, it's just a link to contact support. What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It looks like someone has accidentally marked it as correct long ago. I have unmarked and marked the other one as correct because as far as the issue is concerned it was fixed with XD 31.2 version. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 37.1 version?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on version 56.1 and still experience this issue.  It's really really bad.  Components are great in theory but if we can't even manage them, there's no point in including them.  For the money Adobe gets for CC subscriptions, XD's performance is AWFUL!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread, and I am with you. I am on version 56.1.12.1 and CC Sync 6.4.0.12.

As soon as I save, the application can take up to 5 minutes to respond, and my computer has 64 GB of ram and a 2070 super, so it's not my machine. 

I am demoing Figma right now. It's sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking at Figma and UXPin.  The tone of the responses from XD on these boards is very robotic and minimal.  Performance of Cloud documents and components has been quite disappointing for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on 57.0.12 and the component thing is still a thing. This issue will make us switch to Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attending a FIgma conference "Config" in SF in a few weeks.  Seriously looking to switch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest exploring that option with more earnst..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't Adobe buy Figma? I wish they were more transparent about what would happen if it went through. Are they ditching XD and white labeling Figma or what? It's really frustrating, to be honest. 

Also, still have the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still unclear what is happening between the two. I've yet to see anything evolve in XD from said partnership.  In the end, we might still be screwed if we choose to go Figma.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just this week I attended Config (Figma Conference).  It pretty rad and has some incredible features.  Belsky from Adobe was there to speak about AI.  Not a word was spoken about XD (or how awful it's been the last few years).  In light of the conference, I did find this article,   Adobe XD is on life support ahead of Figma acquisition - The Verge.

I'm not sure what this means for those of us currently paying at least a $55 monthly subscription fee for buggy software Adobe has clearly given up supporting, all before the acquisition of Figma is even final. After attending the Figma conference, we're moving forward with Figma implementation with hopes that once Adobe officially acquires it, they don't ruin it like they did XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue on one of my projects about the cloud doc freezing and becoming unresponsive. The issue is using components with many layers and states. The reason for the many layers is the graphics we are using are svg vector graphics that have tiny parts/pieces at times. It's becoming almost unusable. So without flattening the svg graphics to a single image, what is the fix to this?

I don't remember having as many issues using vector graphics 4-5 months ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines