• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CREATING TECHNICAL LIBRARY

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm Jean and I operate in UI Design.

I am working on a personal project for which by interfacing with the Front End team for a possible future publication I create a library of components.

The project in question concerns the creation of a site that is both Desktop and Mobile (not app).

So I ask myself:

-Do I make separate components for desktop and mobile or a single series for both? (in the first case, should I also distinguish a mobile and destkop typography?)

-Is it more appropriate to use the multiples of 8 rule to develop all the logic behind the total design?

-For every modification of a component that is very different from the default version, will I therefore have to create a new component? is it normal that I will have a lot of master components?

Thank you for your attention and hoped you can elucid me on this topic.

See you very soon

Jean

TOPICS
Data loss , Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jean, I'm going to try to answer your questions from my point of view:

-Do I make separate components for desktop and mobile or a single series for both? (in the first case, should I also distinguish a mobile and destkop typography?)
I'd create a single set and then modify whenever it's necessary, to keep the library at the optimum managable level, of course there are no hard rules here, but let's say you're going to change a color a component has, editing that on a single component would reflect to all instances and states so that's why it makes more sense to me. (I'd suggest even if it's not a different component, just a state of the same component that serves as a slightly different purpose, you can include those variations in the library, showcasing the different states of the component (like default tooltip, info tooltip, warning tooltip etc, they can all be states of the same "tooltip" component right, that way library would have a cleaner "all visible" look) About typography, I can't be sure, depends on the amount of difference you need, you can even include mobile variations of typograhic elements as states of the desktop ones, again for easy managing, editing and updating.

-Is it more appropriate to use the multiples of 8 rule to develop all the logic behind the total design?

That also comes to your preference, but it sounds like it'd be helpful, I'd talk to devs that are going to code the project.

-For every modification of a component that is very different from the default version, will I therefore have to create a new component? is it normal that I will have a lot of master components?
I'd say yes, if components don't have enough similarities it's totally ok to create another component, you can use "include" logic, since a large component can include another component (like a dialogue box including a button etc, that way let's say if you change the master button component, it'll be reflected to the buttons everywhere right 😉)

Hope this helps, happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines