Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark Mode?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

Just started learning about XD. If there's a dark mode for it, I'm unable to find it. Does anyone know if that's planned for the future or am I missing a preference somewhere?

Thanks,

-- Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Currently, Adobe XD does not have a dark mode. This has been requested for some time via the Adobe UserVoice site (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-interface-overall-ui-including-side-panels).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, Adobe XD does not have a dark mode. This has been requested for some time via the Adobe UserVoice site (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Internet Explorer has dark mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN TOOL without such a basic setting is laughable. I am a ROOKIE in design and still design all of my projects with the options of regular and dark mode. Amateurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the hell have you guys not implemented a dark mode into every design tool ? This is mind blowing to me. I've been waiting years for this simple feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read the other replies. Adobe has apparently abandoned XD.

Either XD will be replaced by Figma if their deal to buy it goes through, or if that fails XD will just be the steaming pile of garbage that's years behind the competition because Adobe bet everything on buying out their competitor.

In other words, XD is dead and you should stop using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this is still not available in a USER INTERFACE DESIGN tool is just the ultimate depiction of Adobes current state... Unbelievable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup another XD update today and they still haven't implemented dark mode. What a pathetic joke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And... another update today and still no dark mode. Blasphemy!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since XD is basically in maintenance mode, I would never expect to see it. I recommend switching to a solution that is actively being developed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you, though I can't justfity paying another $15/mo for Figma when I'm allready getting robbed from Adobe. I could use Sketch but using Creative Cloud Libraries makes it easy with XD. Sigh...... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why adobe think people will wait for them to create dark mode and did not uninstall xd and use Figma ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since XD is basically in maintenance mode, I would never expect to see it. I recommend switching to a solution that is actively being developed,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think it is safe to assume that if their Figma deal goes through they'll be officially discontinuing XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All the team members I knew on the project are no longer working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it means Adobe XD is gonna end up like Adobe Muse ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least it has a direct replacement. Adobe will hopefully make it easy to convert XD files to Figma, although I'm not sure how well that will work. For example, Figma takes a fundamentally different approach to components and doesn't allow as much customization of component instances.

It's probably best to plan on dedicating some time to migrating to Figma. There is a steeper learning curve than I would have expected for how similar they appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines