• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Function from a Scroll Group

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a scroll group on the left hand side of the page. I want the ability to Drag and Drop those components to the main content area but cannot figure out how. I can do a "cheat" by placing a button on top of the scroll goup layer and then set an state with drag animation, but that seems like ducktape rather than best practice.

Does anyone have any insight on this functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Adobe XD allows only simple interactions like going from one artboard to another or from one state to another for components. It can't replace content on an existing artboard or change its size. Your "cheat" is the only way to simulate drag-n-drop. Before scroll groups drag interaction was also the only way to simulate horizontal scroll. Maybe sometime in future they will add drag-n-drop interaction, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind checking this letsXD page: https://letsxd.com/guides/introduction-to-scroll-groups-in-adobe-xd and see if that helps you?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD allows only simple interactions like going from one artboard to another or from one state to another for components. It can't replace content on an existing artboard or change its size. Your "cheat" is the only way to simulate drag-n-drop. Before scroll groups drag interaction was also the only way to simulate horizontal scroll. Maybe sometime in future they will add drag-n-drop interaction, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines