• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating Cloud Documents is inefficient and slow

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain the issue, the problem that I'm currently trying to solve is that I have an XD document I would like to use as the foundation for projects I create in the future. In other words, when I start a new project, I want to be able to just duplicate this document and then customize it for the new project. Using linked assets instead wont work, because I want to be able to change colors, typography, etc at this base level.

The problem is that this takes quite a while to duplicate the file. If I had to guess, the Creative Cloud app is probably duplicating the file locally and then syncing it, rather than telling the server to just make a copy.

Is there a better way to accomplish what I want that doesn't involve duplicating a document?

If not, is there any faster way that I can deal with duplication?

TOPICS
Missing feature , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

So I realized I'm just completely overthinking this.

All I need to do is open the original file and use "File -> Save as" to create a new instantly editable copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis, thank you for reaching out. I think there are two ways to go about it. First is copying the document from https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and duplicating it. Another way would be to create a design system out of the source file using libraries and reuse assets as you need. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to update this discussion if you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean though. On https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents , there is no copy/duplicate option.

Do you mean that I should download it from the web and then save it as a new cloud document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I realized I'm just completely overthinking this.

All I need to do is open the original file and use "File -> Save as" to create a new instantly editable copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines