• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts Missing in XD

Advisor ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get fonts missing when I demo a mobile layout on my smart phone via the XD mobile app. No matter what font I use in my XD document I always get "Fonts missing". I remember this as a major issue that was flagged over a year ago, still no progress?! I'm on Windows 10 and I'm opening XD files with an Android phone. I've tried with different Android phones with same result. Why doesn't XD embed the typefaces used in the prototype? Makes it impossible to actually review a prototype authentically when the fonts are all missing! Sick of having to explain to the client that there's something wrong in the program and that I did actually use their corporate typeface etc.

<The title was edited by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

I get the same thing (only with FontAwesome so far) and I've found a workaround that whilst not brilliant seems to work for me:

1. open file and get warning message
  2. close XD
  3. open font manager (an old copy of Extensis Suitcase Fusion in my case)
  4. deactivate fonts
  5. reactivate fonts
  6. open XD, open file and it sees the fonts

I only have to do that once and it will see the fonts until the next time I restart my computer. It seems as though XD loses the mapping to the font location somewhere along the way after re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. I would like to confirm if you've tried all the solutions mentioned in this post an if that doesn't fix the issue. Is it happening with a specific font or all the fonts?

I would suggest signing out of the Creative Cloud and Adobe XD. Sign back to both and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi, I was having the same issues, that is why I'm here.
SOLUTION: TRY UNINSTALLING YOUR APP ON THE PHONE, THEN REINSTALL.

Worked for me. The other solutions proposed "sign out, sign in" (didn't work for me)

There is always a way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your test and your help, totally agree, our problem was that we need emojis for the platform, so we have tried with some fonts. Anyway the important thing is to find a solution, and we have done 🙂 Thanks for the support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asdasasd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your making a valid argument but typeface licenses that I have aquired are valid on perpetual license agreements, so they shouldn't be subject to any license issues at all. XD should embedd these typefaces / font sets just like a PDF as you mention. If I have bough a perpeptual Proxima Nova license it's strange having a loss of typeface at recipient end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at the end of 2019 and still have this issue even I sign out and sign back in again. I installed the fonts from the Creative Cloud App to my iPad and activated the fonts inside the Adobe Xd App. Does someone have the same problem?
The version of my iPad is 13.2, and the version of the Adobe Xd App is 24.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ijunicole,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble. We have the latest version of XD available. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version(25.1)? Let us know if you still experience the same issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
The problem is still not solved even I updated to the latest version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Tried all Solution mentioned by the people here .. non of them worked .

The Solution is : You have to download and Install All the Fonts you need on your system Otherwise nothing will work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, for the fonts issue with XD, try reinstalling (uninstall/reinstall) XD on the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe XD desktop for PC to create my website prototype. I'm using web-safe, system fonts, like Arial and Trebuchet MS, yet the Adobe XD mobile app on my phone still gives me the 'font missing' notification when I try to use it to preview the prototype. I went to my desktop Creative Cloud App and 'added' all system fonts to the library. It confirms they're installed, as shown below, yet like they still don't display in the Adobe XD mobile app. Further, when I go into settings in the XD mobile app, and select 'manage fonts', none of these system fonts like Arial show up!! ??? They're neither in the 'ALL FONTS' section, nor the 'ACTIVE FONTS' section. I'm using the latest version of XD mobile, cleaned my library, uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile app, signed in and out, and nothing works. Please, Adobe, let me know what I need to do to preview these system fonts like Arial on Adobe XD mobile.

Thank you,

BB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that they can look at the issue on 1:1 basis and help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is there any solution of the missing font in XD Preview on mobile. I have searched the font on Adobe font but didn't find the SF Pro Text Family font.

I have tried some solutions but it didn't work. See below image for your reference.. It's just an example

Can you help me how to fix this issue.

IMG_5387.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, SF (San Francisco) is iOS / macOS system font family. Are you testing on iPhone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not working. after 2 and half here this problem is still persist. XD is adobe product? cant belive. it has so many loop holes. you will take another 5 years to get into main stream of proto typing. that too if you people wish. I ont understand how can you charge for this I spent Rs800/- for this and still gets feeling like using local company app. Not expecting this from org like Adobe. We born and brought up by Adobe. But XD made it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very upsetting that this issue with installing fonts on XD is still around after so many years and complaints. I'm new to XD and am having a problem with Adobe fonts that I have installed from Adobe Cloud not showing up in XD. I have quit out of XD and Cloud as suggested, and it does nothing. No wonder the Sketch App is more popular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same issues, that is why I'm here.
SOLUTION: TRY UNINSTALLING YOUR APP ON THE PHONE, THEN REINSTALL.

Worked for me. The other solutions proposed "sign out, sign in" (didn't work for me)

There is always a way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...Figma doesn't have this problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible solution that apparently worked for me

Im using

Android phone Google Pixel 4a
Android app Adobe XD Android 43.0.0 (45412)
Google font Roboto
Google font Titillium

Possible solution that apparently worked for me

1. Sign out from Adobe XD. 
  2. Open "App info/Adobe XD. Then Clear Storage + Clear Cache.
  3. Uninstall Adobe XD.
  4. Install Creative Cloud + Sign in.
  5. Install Adobe XD + Sign in.
  6. Open Adobe XD. Go to Settings. Go to Preferences. Go to Manage fonts. Activate the first font you see in the list "All fonts".
  7. Go to "Active fonts". See if the font you chose is shown. HERE is when my missing fonts started showing up.
  8. After celebrating I uninstalled Creative Cloud and the fonts are still activated.

I wish you the best of luck.
    //Leonardo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue even nearing the end of 2021. I have tried multiple work arounds and even when I think I fix it, I will update my adobe app on my phone or on my computer and it will have even more missing fonts than the first time... Super dissapointed that this is still a problem. This issue pretty much makes the live preview pointless in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The depressing answer is here:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/661582

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines