• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe XD been discontinued?

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm in an online course to learn to use Adobe XD, but I haven't been able to find where to download it... It doesn't seem to be in any adobe link nor listed in the creative cloud apps. Can someone help me please? (I'm in Canada)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Hi @Leslie2628726265vb ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Due to the merger, both Adobe and Figma can't say much. Here is my take: Adobe has stopped almost all effort on XD, and is actively discouraging new users. Thus, migrating to Figma or other tool would be the wisest option. If the merger occurs (I am not holding my breath), then Figma will be the design tool of choice within the Creative Cloud offerings. If the merger does not happen, Figma continues to maintain is place as a popular solution among designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by "it" you mean the .svg flow, I find it most useful for icons and colors and other small things. It still requires re-working. The advantage is that it's vector and not bitmap. But yeah — suboptimal, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I recently got the Creative Cloud subscription which states that XD is included in my subscription. However, I am not able to locate it in my apps. How can I find and dowload Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague for whom we built templates in XD resigned in the summer - now her replacement has started and has just informed us that, according to the Adobe website, XD can no longer be installed and XD will no longer be continued. WHAT?! We've had existing accounts for a long time, now a newly added person from the company can't work with our templates because they can no longer install the program even though they have all the APPs and have the entire Creative Cloud available?
How can this communication fail? I don't remember Adobe communicating this at MAX - such important information would be essential there! What happens to it and what is the follow-up? We have converted all systems to XD due to MAX 2022 and created all templates. What happens with that? This "Figma" is not even in the cloud?! How are new ones to be integrated who need the work immediately? ...I have never experienced anything like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try to wait '24-48 hrs'? The XD help says the following:

Iuliia_Al_0-1701861578367.png

Really frustrating though that Adobe has put XD into maintenance mode (supporting existing users) instead of polishing and developing it further.... And that the acquisition of Figma is still uncertain due to regulators' investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot and your help. She's trying to install xd since friday (1. December). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this direct link to download XD: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not work for my colleague either. The other links have also been tried.
https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop/pdp/xd
https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop

But thank you very much for your help (User 2 User).

I assume that the company licenses need special treatment here again.... our IT will probably contact support. All in all, this is more than unprofessional and has already taken up much more research time than one should actually have for such product costs and we have to find our own workaround solution for the urgent submissions. 

image004[46].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it did not help... This exact page ('Page not Found') I get when I am not logged into my Adobe account in the browser. When I am logged in, the page looks different – it prompts me to download the XD installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague is logged in and it still doesn't work. IT has now also received an answer from Adobe:
"they have already spoken to Adobe and the answer was that unfortunately it is really no longer possible to get Adobe XD, as a new customer, as support has been discontinued and we can only look for alternatives."
Actually unbelievable that a corporate customer is classified as a new customer when an employee changes... THANK YOU Adobe we can now repeat the entire annual process and think about a program alternative and had made unnecessary work for ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable... This is truly dissapointing, I believe they should treat corporate subscriptions differently – as an existing customer who simply adds more 'seats' to the company subscription... Thank you for sharing, good to know where the things stand now with the AdobeXD 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari 

I'm not able to see Adobe XD in the Creative Cloud but it is part of my all-apps subscription, how to get xd installed?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this direct link to download XD: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still not able to see XD download button on this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it did not help. It works for me though: Creative Cloud should be installed (All Apps subscription) and you should be logged in into your Adobe account when accessing the link. The link will open this page: 

Iuliia_Al_0-1702283406208.png

And then it will prompt you to save the installer:

Iuliia_Al_1-1702283522805.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. I think maybe this link is not available on my country. And second image is my subscription page.🙌

截圖 2023-12-11 下午4.36.27.png截圖 2023-12-11 下午4.36.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion, stay away from Adobe as much as you possibly can. They kept Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects alive by stuffing them once in awhile. Anything they made is, or soon will be, utterly useless. They should stop trying, seriously. Adobe started to remind me of Kodak, a good example of a company that couldn't keep up.

My suggestion to Adobe: get rid of all your executives, get a fresh team of leaders who know their way around, start over, you might still have a chance, very very tiny, but well, better than filling bankruptcy in a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did everyone see this? I wonder if XD will be resurected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did everyone see this‽ I wonder if XD will be resurrected. At this point, Figma is so far ahead because Adobe has not made a significant improvement to XD in at least, what, 18 months? 2 years? And now it's in maintenance mode. Meanwhile, Figma has been making great strides. Or will they kill XD completely and then make another run at purchasing Figma? That way the UK, EU, and US DOJ wouldn't be able to say that purchasing Figma would force out a competing product. 

Interesting times. For now, I'm definitely sticking with Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I think it's over for XD; they are too far behind, and Figma has just become too strong. Most of us have already moved our team to Figma or something else. XD was already struggling to catch up before the acquisition was announced a while ago. If they do try to revive it, they would need to invest in and acquire important industry talent to boost it again, and I honestly have never seen Adobe delivering rich monthly features at a fast pace before, so I don't think they have the internal leadership willingness support to pull off such a come back. I hope this epic transaction failure will push them to rethink their approach and reinvent themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines