• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe XD been discontinued?

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm in an online course to learn to use Adobe XD, but I haven't been able to find where to download it... It doesn't seem to be in any adobe link nor listed in the creative cloud apps. Can someone help me please? (I'm in Canada)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Hi @Leslie2628726265vb ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Due to the merger, both Adobe and Figma can't say much. Here is my take: Adobe has stopped almost all effort on XD, and is actively discouraging new users. Thus, migrating to Figma or other tool would be the wisest option. If the merger occurs (I am not holding my breath), then Figma will be the design tool of choice within the Creative Cloud offerings. If the merger does not happen, Figma continues to maintain is place as a popular solution among designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my last post here, everyone please read what was said after the failed Figma Acquisition:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/official-word-on-the-future-of-xd/m-p/14391176

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems so … 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

seems so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just made a video all about how I need to approach giving up XD and shifting over to Figma, I struggled with the switch over and I hope I have some great chat points in the video for the XD community and how we need to face the facts.

https://youtu.be/oF-6uB_x1Wo I hope its a help for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. That's depressing. At least I got it before deprication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I signed up for Adobe MAX again this year and went to filter course offerings by area of interest... this year UX is not an option. Then I went to filter by software title and XD is not an option (nor is Figma). There are also so few UX/UI courses this year in general. Last year there was a smorgasbord of them. Adobe is pretty much skipping this topic at MAX this year, sadly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The show is going to 75% about using AI tools in their product line anyway....  You would be off watching the session from the recent Figma conference and less likely to contract Covid 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a feeling it was going to be mostly AI centered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello dear,I`m having the same issue right now, have u found the app,if yes,how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Idea how i can download Adobe XD, I whatch everywere! somebody can help me? MAC computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paolodenovi ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share your Adobe ID through DM so I can check your account. You can send the DM by clicking on my name.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to confirm whether the rumours are true? Is Adobe XD being discontinued at some point soon and if so, what timeline are we looking at? @Rishabh_Tiwari 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DrizzleKicks ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari 
We have the same issue,
in our 22 Creative Cloud license, we cannot see anymore XD application
our work suddenly stopped

Maurizio26116214mixf_0-1695109710329.png

We also use Figma, not for presentaions, for istance
But we need a quickly answer about how to continue to work with xd and plan the switch
You said:
XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

I hope but seem not true
Let me know
Thank you for the support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still a big mystery. It all hinges on the success or failure of the Figma purchase. It has been almost a year (Sept 22, 2022) was the annoucement and no new information on it. Both the US and EU are looking into the deal. There is not a lot either side can legally say, so we are making best guesses as to what is next. Regardless, the smartest thing to do is to shift to Figma. Either it will be an Adobe owned solution or remain indepenent, but it will be the primary tool of choice for many designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been transitioning to Figma from having used XD since it's public beta (all Mac). The transition has been exceedingly frustrating. Here are a few suggestions, from my experience:

1. Use the desktop app, not the browser.
  2. If you need to customize shortcuts, use Keyboard Maestro (so they work) and duplicate them in Mac OS’s built-in keyborad custom shortcuts [Sys Prefs > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts] so they show up in Figma.
  3. If you want to learn pro-tips, Kezz is, IMAO, the best. They are a little dated, but still the best. They have 13 of them and each is around 3 minutes long. Here’s the first one.
  4. Be patient with yourself. Figma works much differently from XD — it’s more similar to Sketch. I have used many tools for many years but this transition has been the most difficult for me — and I loved XD. After many months, I am finally coming around to it and almost enjoying it.
  5. One enormous advantage of Figma: If you file a support ticket (which is a little tricky: click ? in the lower right corner > Contact Support > I type "help" in the field that appears > Click the Contact Us button that appears > select Product Question) you actually get an email from a human! And you can have an email dialog with them! They have been very helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my concerns is on pricing. I wonder if Adobe will let us purchase the Creative Suite without an additional purchase of Figma. I don't want to do without the Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this on the XD page 😞 (https://helpx.adobe.com/support/xd.html)

Iuliia_Al_0-1695719187510.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run to Figma, 'cos XD is outside to dead alone.
Adobe is buying Figma (EU regulators are putting sand on engine of this business).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I've started creating new UX/UI designs in Figma, all other projects are in XD. How can we convert our old XD files to Figma so as to make updates and changes without recreating from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lauren CullenMy boss was asking me this the other day as well. I want to know this also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all intents and purposes, yes. Nothing directly formal from Adobe, as the Adobe-Figma deal is still not finalized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Figma plug-in that can convert files, but I have not yet tried it. The migration of XD files is a major source of concern for many of us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using an extension, but decided it just wasn't worth doing for my specific situation. I think XD will be useable for several years to come. I'm starting any new project in Figma but if I need to edit some XD files, I'll just do that in XD. Also, I have begun the long process of recreating our design library in Figma. (After making one in XD, then Sketch, then switching back to XD, and now in Figma going forward.) I would be curious if there is a better way to do this as well — a really good extension, for example.

For copying simple things, I find that exporting the object (or even a whole artboard) from XD as an .svg file and then dragging/dropping that into a Figma file works quite well. HOWEVER, while the objects look good in Figma, they require reworking if you want them to be efficiently drawn (for example, a stroked circle comes over as two circles: one for the stroke and one for the fill). Also, I can't imagine an extension handling prototypes or multi-instance components correctly. I remember that many years after the mass-migration of QuarkXPress to InDesign, companies kept at least one older Mac around, with a version of Quark so they could still open their old files if or when they needed to. Plug-ins existed to convert files, but some could just never work right. I imagine this will happen again, to some extent — though XD hasn't got nearly the hold on the industry that Quark did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried it and is doing a bad job corrupting our designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines