• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usgae on windows machine after updating to XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After new update of adobe XD on windows PC, My CPU utilization is at 100% most of the times. This freezes my PC and make it unusable. I have to kill and restart XD every 20 minutes which is very frustrating.

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.80 GHz

Ram 

6.0 GB (15.8 GB usable

OS version

Windows 10 Pro

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi All,

We really appreciate your patience. The team hears you all and they are able to fix this performance issue. We highly encourage you to please update XD to 43 version and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has gotten to the point of ridiculous! We can't work on any of our XD documents that all worked FINE before the update. Now, it's freezing (if it opens at all) and uses 100% CPU. Adobe PLEASE FIX THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 😞 Since the last 2 updates, Adobe CPU usage is permanently - even when I'm not working - nearly 100%!!  Before everything was ok! Now, I have to restart my application every 20 minutes - otherwise working is impossible! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for all the trouble. Please collect and share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html so that we can escalate this further. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I image you collected some system logs as of now. Are you currently working to fix this issue? This should be a priority. The program is unusable since the last 2 updates. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imagine*, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite incredible that a company with as many resources as Adobe cannot fix an unacceptable issue such as this in a timely matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue. The XD is not able to open multiple documents at the same time even 2. My XD stops working after almost 45mins. In the task manager it gets suspended and stops working.

Please Help!!!!!!! I tried updating every componenent in the system. Tried resinstalling XD. Tried cleasn install for the same.

Please Help!!! @HARSHIKA_VERMA  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you currently working to fix this issue? This should be a priority. The program is unusable since the last 2 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks of this now, with no indication that there's work actively occurring on a fix...

We don't want to move on from XD, but if this isn't resolved soon we'll have no choice. We can't operate as a business with the app in its current state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the last update. The application is nearly unusable after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem. XD works only on Local Files, in the Cloud is a complete desaster, 100% CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would request you to please generate Adobe logs and Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us over a PM or here so that we can go ahead and log a bug for your issue for further investigation

Please share the screenshot of your About XD info page.

We will try our best to help you.

Note: Logs are really important here which will help our product team to investigate the root cause of your issue. 

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight and get logs from our customers>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This are the link to my Adobe logs from the last day I tried to persist with using XD online:

https://we.tl/t-TT9C4tryVu

And this is a screenshot of my 'About' page. Although I believe there's been one update between the creation of those logs and now:

https://snipboard.io/vBQPZ5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ant5EE7,

Thanks for sharing the Adobe logs and About XD page info. We would like to know the operating system of your machine. In the meantime we will go ahead a log a bug for your issue so that our team can investigate the logs you sent.

Could you please elaborate more on your workflow when your XD is consuming more usage while opening XD or while working on it?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My OS is Windows 10.

The CPU consumption rises up during my normal work in Adobe XD. I am not doing anything new, my workflow haven't changed since the previous update. And I didn't have this problem then.

I hope it helps. Thank you.

[cid:image001.png@01D78E9E.CC2E91E0]
Lukáš Hadamčík
UX & UI Lead - Alza.cz a.s.

<Personal Info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 (and yep, it's 100% up to date).

In terms of the workflow, it's not 'rocket science' stuff.

I click on  a shape... The application hangs for 30 seconds;

I try to edit some text... The application hangs for 30 seconds;

Basically I open any file, and within minutes everything has ground to a halt and XD is unusable.

Worse, with it maxing out the CPU, nothing else on my PC operates properly either whilst XD is open.

Please do not treat this as a 'me' issue, though. There's too many voices here saying the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also, I don't know whether it's relevant but at times the application seems to be trying to save after every small action.

Don't know whether this is part of the problem, or whether XD has always saved after every action (and it's just that the access to the Cloud is now taking too long).

Your guess is as good as mine on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ant5EE7 for sharing the additional information. We raised a bug for the issue and investigating it with the team. The team is tracking this issue for all the customers reporting it. 

It would be really helpful if you can share the spin dump as well-

Win

• Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

We will definitely try our best to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's seems to get worse by the day. 

As soon as I start to work with a cloud file CPU is at 100%.

Before it was possible to work for an hour or two before this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and my collegues have been experiencing the same problems.
Log-Files are here: https://we.tl/t-RxKhq0BC66

Windows 10

20H2 (Build 19042.985)
XD 42.1.22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Christopher for sharing the log files. I have attached it to the dedicated bug for investigation. Could you please also share the spin dump of the machine as well?

Win

• Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

We are trying our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the dump file: https://we.tl/t-EOqH9qk8Qk
I also included a new log file to match the state of the dump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional logs. I have attached them to the bug. I will keep you posted on this thread and will get back to you if we need more information.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prezados(as); estou com o mesmo problema, ao abrir o projeto, o computador começa a subir o consumo de memória e cpu, até que o programa pare de responder e eu ter que fechar via gerenciador de tarefas.

Já tentei contato com a adobe, mas ainda não me deram nenhuma resposta satisfatória, já enviei os logs coletados, e a [unica resposta que dão, é ara " reinstalar o programa", não esta resolvendo. 

Tenho uma torre dell XPS core i7 9700, 32gb de ram, 1tb ssd nvme, gtx 1660ti e não está segurando o adobe XD.

A versão do windows, drivers e programas adobe, estão todos atualizados. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelvin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share the System Logs by adding the logs to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link either here or through DM by clicking on my name, we'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines