Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel.

As Kenneth pointed out, there is a current limitation with the scroll working only using a trackpad in the browser. The team is aware of this limitation, and will be addressing it very soon in a future update. 

To share the horizontal scroll with developers through design specs, create an artboard with just the horizontal scroll and share it with them.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. In the latest dot release(30.2.12.3), we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally on Windows using a mouse while previewing on the XD app. The Click and drag support on Web browser would be available in the future releases meanwhile to scroll horizontally on the browser you can either scroll using a two-finger gesture on the track-pad or pressing and holding the mouse wheel or shift + scroll wheel.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not being able to press and drag to scroll in preview mode. I'm using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Horizontal scrolling doesn't work on Windows 10 while previewing the prototype (within XD or browser.) But I tried on my phone and it works.

Seems to be a problem with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

When we test the prototype: nothing. No scroll.

Edit: even with the sample file from your website: nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Test on Windows 10 - No horizontl skroll

Test on Mac - Work (badly) No skrolling, work only click and Drag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you try scrolling horizontally using the trackpad and confirm if it works? On Windows the mouse wheel interaction is limited to vertical scrolling. Click and drag to scroll support will be added in an upcoming release.

Best,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily I'm using a laptop, but it didn't work with trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Click and drag to scroll support will be added in an upcoming release" hu Oo so it's not useable on laptop preview (without trackpad)??? Really hard to work with this if it's so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you please check that you have enabled touchpad scroll from your Windows settings->Touchpad->"Drag two fingers to scroll" ?

If horizontal scrolling in other aplications/Chrome does it work for you?

It would be helpful if you could attach a sample file where this issue is reproducing. Also, let me know what windows version and laptop model do you have.

Thanks,

Corina Murgila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not that used to the touchpad and didn't know it had the "two fingers" gesture to scroll. I tried it and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and for those who want to test it on a laptop with a mouse (on laptop you test often with you mouse)?
When this will be available please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newly released features, Horizotal and vertical scrolls are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek, 

Sorry to hear that, can you help me in knowing on which version of XD and CC you are currently on and OS infomation.

Please take a look if this links help you https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html 

If not please share a screen recording so that we can help better.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Preview recording, as you can see, I used the horizontal scrolling function, I cutted the blocks, and then tried to move horizontally and I couldn't

This is "Adobe XD Preview 2020-06-17 00-20-22" by Sanchez on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Xd version is 30.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, not scrollable from left to right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on my side, when I want to test, the movement doesn't works with the mouse but it works with the trackpad. I don't know if it is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idem here on Windows 10: mouse doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on macOS 10.13.6 - the horizontal scroll works in desktop preview with mouse/mouse wheel/trackpad; however in web preview only works in the fullscreen mode and only with mouse wheel. Not good 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your feedback! 

On a Mac machine, horizontal scroll should work on web using both mouse ( you'll need a touchpad/magic mouse model or one with horizontal wheel) and trackpad.

Can you please let me know what browser are you using, what version, what mouse model and send me a sample file where you can reproduce this issue (or even a web link to a sample file)?

Thanks a lot,

Corina Murgila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel.

As Kenneth pointed out, there is a current limitation with the scroll working only using a trackpad in the browser. The team is aware of this limitation, and will be addressing it very soon in a future update. 

To share the horizontal scroll with developers through design specs, create an artboard with just the horizontal scroll and share it with them.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The horizontal scroll still isn't working for me. Either by track pad or mouse. It worked the first time I created a horizontal scroll group in this project, but from then on, neither that group, nor any other horizontal scroll group I made works. I don't know what is wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

If creating a new file with a new scroll group, does it work?

If sharing the file with someone else does it work for him?

What OS are you using?

Thanks,

Corina Murgila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines