• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover state on dropdown

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with states and wondering if anyone could help me figure it out. I have a button that when pressed has a dropdown menu come out, there are components in the dropdown that have hover states. When I test the dropdown while it is “out” the hover states work, but when I put the button back to default and then click to open the dropdown, the hover states do not work. Is the expected behavior? If not what am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the exact answer to your question, but can you have a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZII1R1GPwF0&t=20s and see if there are any insights that could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly XD will not do this for like 6 months or more.
Use figma it can do this easy.

I've wasted too much time trying to make XD do basic things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izyyWf6Ukmo

Time is money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you're suffereing from the fact that Adobe XD creates a hot spot area for the whole rectangular bounding box of the initial element. So the hot spot(s) of any other element(s) within, even if they are stacked on top of the initial element, will be ignored. It's a very fundamental flaw, overruling many other vital interactive scenarios... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe how many basic features are missing from XD. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact I need Photoshop and Illustrator I would avoid never use XD. 
I do not mind XD for basic wireframing and static design but the interactions are seriously lacking, Adobe has gone way down in my estimations after this, so much time wasted on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the frustrating experience. I will definitely share your feedback with the team. I also checked the status of the uservoice page mentioned in the post which says that feature is in progress. Our team is constantly working on these features to make improvements.

I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request of the uservoice link shared by David Alcala in this post.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best practice in XD to have state with most elements as default state. Than you don't get bugs with components changing to master states and so on. So make dropdown a default state and simple states other, make sure drop drown is tap action! only tap drop down can have other actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines