• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover States Jump when viewing the Share Link

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up some component states with a hover, but when I view them with the share link, the text within the states "jump" to different positioning (vertically). My XD file is not set up for them to move, and I'm wondering how to stop them from "jumping" like this. I do not want the text in the states to "jump," I just want the hover with the text in the same positioning for both states as it is in my file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

You can also fix it by changing the text from AUTO to FIXED

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please ensure that you have updated XD to the latest version that is 34.1.12.9 and then check again if it's happening or not. If it is still happening will it be possible for you to share a screenshot of how the component looks in XD app and how it looks on the web preview. We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Yes, I have XD version 34.1.12.9.

I'm setting up a nav bar so that each item has a default state (white text, 0% opacity bar) and a hover state (teal text, teal bar). I'm attaching screenshots of what these look like in XD ("Nav bar.png" and "States.png"). 

When I preview via the Desktop Preview, everything performs as it should.

When I preview via the Share Link, these nav bar items jump up vertically. They only jump up briefly, and then go back to their correct location shortly after. They jump when I hover over them in the first place, and then they jump again when I move my mouse away.

("Jump.png") Here, you can see that the "About" nav item has jumped vertically from the others. I'm trying to get it to stay in the same location, just change colors.

I'm using Chrome to preview the Share Link.

Looking forward to any thoughts you have on this.

Nav bar.png

States.png

Jump.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same issue and would like advice on how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there were at least 3 updates for xd in the past 2 weeks, i believe.

i noticed this jumpy effect started a few updates back (with the new text block feature, see here), and have been hoping each quick update would fix it. as a workaround, i swithched from "auto animate" to "transition" for buttons and the hover was smoother. i had this stretch effect working really smoothly, but since this morning's xd update (3.0.12.14), it messed it up.

this issue is still a problem and has not gone away... i just notice things broke more with each update than it actually fixed. features are nice but adobe needs to test them and vet issues before releasing.

very janky q/a and results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, latest update. Text in hover components jump up in live preview even though they are not set up to move at all. Seems like it only happens in the browser preview and not the local in app preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Please update XD to the latest version which is 34.3. and check if it still happening? If it is still happening, please share a sample link so that we can test that on our end?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue, and i have updated my XD to 34.3.12.1, this is a big and really annoying issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm updated to the latest XD. I can't share my link because of NDA. Even when I try to delete and repaste the element into the component hover and default state, it still happens, some correct themselves and some don't. Very frustrating as it's delaying being able to present my work to my client.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://xd.adobe.com/view/9505af50-5b0e-4a9d-9517-d79277fd8f1d-c056/?fullscreen%2C - here's an example, how it jumps up / down, it should just slide to the right, instead of jumping up / down, this is the most annoying bug of auto animate in latest XD version, this has to be fixed yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my XD to 34.3.12.1. Here's how mine looks. The items in the nav bar at the top jump and text for the rollovers on the buttons go blank before they pop in. Please advise.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/957310df-ed64-4c61-bc0a-3ea8920d96ce-c020/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here, i think Adobe just doesn't care, probably i have to switch to another platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in XD 35.0.12.14 now, and still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when we are getting update that will fix this issue? What are we paying for? Fix your laggy app ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a quick workaround that worked for me. If you simply remove the text from the component (so it's on a separate layer) it should fix the jumping. That's what I did and the hover interaction looks good now. It's not ideal, especially if you have a ton of component instances, but for a quick presentation it looks fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also fix it by changing the text from AUTO to FIXED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh ... this fixed it! I can't tell you how much trouble shooting I've done! Thank you so much for this tip! You've saved me so much time! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Jennifer5C88 - glad this fixed it for you... can you share mockup link and tell what was fixed exactly?

according to my setting (fixed text in bottom example in this link), it is disastrously broken.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This made no difference for me. I have 6 components set up *exactly* the same way. 2 are fine. 4 of them jump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines