• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a download link for a PDF file to webpage design in Xd

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a webpage and I want to create a hyperlink which when clicked will download a pdf document to the users computer, see pic below:

andrewa22071730_0-1654667588599.png

I have successfully created the instagram link and also the "email me" link.

I wish to upload a pdf to the page which can be downloaded by clicking the "Download my media kit" component.

Please help

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Hi @andrewa22071730, I think I'd upload the file somewhere (a web space I have or a free dropbox or google drive etc) and assign the link to that target. If your aim is starting a download automatically when user clicks the link, I think it's best to host the file on a web space you own (there might be also some free alternatives) oh and with a quick search I realized this video claims that you can create an "auto download on click" link for a file you have on google drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYm03K7weKA&t=33s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrewa22071730, I think I'd upload the file somewhere (a web space I have or a free dropbox or google drive etc) and assign the link to that target. If your aim is starting a download automatically when user clicks the link, I think it's best to host the file on a web space you own (there might be also some free alternatives) oh and with a quick search I realized this video claims that you can create an "auto download on click" link for a file you have on google drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYm03K7weKA&t=33s (I see there's even a "download link generator" shared in the video desc: https://gdrivelinkgenerator.paperform.co/ ) Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic advice and a great work around.  I came to the same conclusion myself and uploaded the file to Google drive and assigned a hyperlink to the component.

Thanks for your solid advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also you can zip pdf file for downloading from the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines