• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you edit the radius of individual corners on a triangle?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 5.34.44 PM.png

So when you make a triangle it only gives the option to round off all the corners at once even if you hold down the option key (on mac), which on a rectangle/square will let you change the radius to that individual corner. I've looked online and there's no videos on this..so how do I do this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Hi @JoshUI,

Thank you for being so patient. The team confirmed that this is expected behavior. You can round corners on a triangle, but those would be all corners, not individual. 

However, the team would like to know the shape you are targeting and understand the workflow of the shape you want to create.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Using the Community forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original question was inadvertently posted in the Using the Community forum which is the forum for issues with using the forum software.

It has now been moved, on your behalf, to the Adobe XD forum where other XD users can provide you with support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks! My bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JoshUI,

Thank you for reaching out and highlighting the issue. I am checking with the team if it is working as expected or if there is a bug. I am also trying to replicate the issue on the previous version of XD just to confirm if it's not a bug.

I will keep you posted with the update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JoshUI,

Thank you for being so patient. The team confirmed that this is expected behavior. You can round corners on a triangle, but those would be all corners, not individual. 

However, the team would like to know the shape you are targeting and understand the workflow of the shape you want to create.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do following (as in Illustrator).

1. Double click with "Arrow" convert it into shape and choosing each point change it into curve or move. After clicking you can use Pen Tool to change corner with handles as in Adobe Illustrator.
  2. Draw you triangle with "Pen Tool" from scratch.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(XD) What I really want to do is make a rectangle with rounded corners, and then fill in one of the corners. Picture a 45/45/90 right triangle rotated 45 degrees so the hypotenuse connects sides of the rectangle and the right angle would fit snugly into the corner (if the rectangle weren't rounded off). The right angle of the triangle wants to be an arc of the same radius of the rounded corner of the rectangle. Any normal pixel program you just point the fill tool in there and you're done. In Illustrator I think it's prett easy if I recall. I can make something that *looks* like what is this dead-easy and why-is-this-not-obvious concept. Just make enough triangles with enough radii and slather them on. That is just so wrong on so many levels. Xtra Dumb.

There's all kinds of workarounds. Can you please make an actual solution? Put your thinking caps on, kids, and I bet you'll come up with something that solves all kinds of annoyances that frustrate people who need to use the tool for its intended purposes (wireframes, mockups, UI/UX) but don't happen to be C++ programmers AND don't happen to have  months to wait around for XD to appear frozen with no sign of anything happening (there's another hint in case anyone at Adobe thinks about UI/UX). Pardon my frustration, but there is zero excuse for any progam to be this slow any more. I don't think it's my computer or internet connection either. I did full parametric engineering and ray-traced photorealistic renderings of my latest mars rocket, Did a round of VC funding, ran the CNC 3D printout of it, AND got back from orbit in less time than it took for XD to rotate one triangle running no other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr Hovhannesyan's suggestion above is a decent workaround; thank you so much.

I wrote the entire post above after double-clicking and before the handles appeared. i9, 32GB RAM, SSDs, tons of  free space, 100M symmetrical fiber, good video card, off hours. Clean environment - only Adobe is streaming all my personal data to train their pathetic AI chat-bot (as they all are). 20 minute hang time. Management should be ashamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines