• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a drop caps in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to create drop caps in Adobe XD. So I want the first letter of a paragraph to appear in larger formatting. Maybe someone can help. Thanks very much!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Hi @susannew3875377 , I think designers do that in InDesign right, I've never created drop caps in XD but thinking how I'd do, I'd create a component with a paragraph that has that style and that way, using that component I'd be able to use that style and change it everywhere, I think this tutorial explains almost everything about text styling in XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUKj6Mjf80 Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @susannew3875377 , I think designers do that in InDesign right, I've never created drop caps in XD but thinking how I'd do, I'd create a component with a paragraph that has that style and that way, using that component I'd be able to use that style and change it everywhere, I think this tutorial explains almost everything about text styling in XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUKj6Mjf80 Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AkinGn, I'm doing it with InDesign now too, it works fine. I'll take a look at the components as well. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @susannew3875377, I tried to record a screencast (sorry there's no sound in this one) as you see I'm creating a component after editing the first character in XD and I convert it to a component by command-K (or ctrl-K) to be able to edit the styling of the drop cap in all of those elements, I tried also pasting a drop cap from InDesign and it's getting pasted but resizing it can be tricky, besides I don't recommend using drop caps in InDesign style while designing interfaces, since UI designs are needed to be coded and I don't think there's a practical way to reflect an exact look of a drop cap in Html/Css, so if you're going to use it for some visual design purposes I'd say it's fine, but if it's for a UI that's going to be coded, then I suggest creating a component like I did in XD for drop caps, hope this helps, happy designing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3ChJNuLhM  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines