• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable adobe cookie banner on prototypes???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to run a real world user testing session for large company's New cookie banner and other modals. When my testers go to my prototype the first thing they see is adobes cookie banner... on top of the gsk banner I'm trying to test.  This is ridiculous.

Why would adobe need to put a cookie banner on a prototype link. makes no sense at all.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/c1c8b542-74d6-4a39-8c3d-45e8caac382e-949b/?fullscreen&hints=off

dario1133_0-1596710233205.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Sorry to hear you're upset about this. Unfortunately, this banner is legally required in order to conform to international rules around GDPR. While we would love to reduce friction for your end customers, we also as a company need to adhere to legal requirements.

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Sr. Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dario, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I am afraid, we don't have an option to disable the cookie banner as of now, however, it does sound like a great feature request so I will share your feedback with the Engineering Team and you can do that too by creating this request:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rishabh,

I've tried posting the feature request a few times but the site fails and honestly I'm getting bored.  I guess I'll just recommend my organisation uses sketch+invision. instead of adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dario,

I am sorry for the frustration. It looks like you are experiencing the similar issue mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40644277-repositio...

Please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

In addition to that accepting cookies should make the warning go away.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would gladly submit my feedback if your website worked properly... but it doesn't, I tried and it failed, so I can't.

Adobe shouldn't be tracking/giving cookies to users who come to test a prototype on an adobe XD share link... And therefore there shouldnt be any cookie banners there. But it's there... so that sucks.

This is my feedback.  Maybe you can submit it to the devs since your website won't allow me to do so. I don't really care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're upset about this. Unfortunately, this banner is legally required in order to conform to international rules around GDPR. While we would love to reduce friction for your end customers, we also as a company need to adhere to legal requirements.

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Sr. Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but why do you need cookies to be placed on XD prototypes? If users aren't tracked using cookies then it isn't necessary to show a GDPR banner - could you not remove the cookie tracking or provide an option to disable them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry? This is Dario's work and Adobe violates his rights. Dario paid for using XD, so delete your unnecessary cookies. You sell the instrument to work not to put ads on the works which belong to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG this is terrible, if I had known this, I would have never used Adobe XD. The cookies affect my portfolio presentation. From now on, I will use Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the same issue. The problem is that every time I load the page, the Cookies banner comes back again (even though I save the Cookies settings). We have done 3 tutorials on Adobe XD and the visitor can watch them all. If he has the banner three times, that won't be functional at all... 

Do you have a solution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution is to move to figma. Or sketch.
Adobe is too big too care about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is rather annoying. Testing something that's non-standard size or sharing multiple embeded prototypes in a page with the cookie popups all over is rather annoying. There has to be a solution for this problem from the customer (mine) size. Preferrably - disable tracking that Adobe does on my prototypes. Alternatively - let me customise how this is shown to public whern testing something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual Adobe doesn't care, their products are deterioting by the day, I'm sick and tired of complaining about issues like this that don't get addressed. They don't care, they just want your fees.

Sickening, as bad as the Foundry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines