Often, we need to create new components based on previous versions. When the original main component has numerous states, it's a time-consuming process to replicate all the states in the new version. (Because we need to ungroup every state of the main component and put it all back together in a new component with multiple states.) I propose we have a new option for cloning components where we can create copies of components without any connection to original. This would be a huge time-saver when working with more complex components with many states. thnx
Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. If I heard you correctly, you're looking for the similar functionality mentioned here.
If yes, please upvote the request and add your voice.
We will also make sure to pass on your feedback to the team for making improvements in the future.
Upvoted. I hope it gets in the dev queue. Thank you.
Maybe a faster way to clone a Component with States:
1. Select Main Component and Copy
2. Create a new temporary XD document and Paste
3. Check in Assets Panel to make sure Component is Local
4. If Component is Linked, then right-click > Make Local
5. Rename Component so it has a unique name
6. Copy Main Component from new doc and Paste back in original doc
7. Verify new Component in original doc is Local
8. Delete temporary doc
Hope this helps,