• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to maintain component instance prototype link?

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a "Back to Top" button in my footer component that should redirect to the top of the page header component.

Can the components, in this case, that XD maintains/store the prototype link as well?  It seems as though I need to manually create this prototype link on each page from the testing I have done, but I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

Thanks for reaching out. If you are creating an anchor link from the bottom footer component to the top, please copy and paste the component from the prototype mode and that should preserve the link on component instances.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabn.

Thank you for responding.

When I select both components (header & footer) and the prototype link and paste them, the link is dissapears.

Can I store the prototype link in the components?  I would ideally just drag the header and footer components on to a page and the prototype-link would appear automatically.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines