• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make hover effect like youtube

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it possible to make a hover effect on xd like in the youtube video gallery and that the durvol image is always in the foreground?

davidd18902257_1-1646050649703.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

I see, thinking how I'd do, since I don't think we can edit z-index on only hover, it might not be possible for a prototype link (actually it might be if you're willing to create another artboard for each hover) but you can create for a few cards as for a video prototype, by on hover targeting an artboard that has the hovered element on top. It seems like that's the way to do, at least for now, hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Actually after coming across to a similar problem, I thought about this more and there's a not-perfect work around to achieve that with a slightly flawed animation, it's too hard for me too explain by text here (it was also challenging in the video but that's because of my English lol but I'm sure you'll get it easily) so I tried to demonstrate here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPygeBlKKlU (I'm going to update if I make a polished version of this 🙂) Hope this helps!
Edit: Actually I made a v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidd18902257 , I'd say it can be done by following and getting some ideas from this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWcbuJGUev0 This is one of my fav channels! Oh and you gave me a great idea for some YT tutorial video, if I do that, I'll let you know 😉 Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AkinGn, thank you for your reply and for the link. My problem is not to make a hover effect but to always have the hovered image in the foreground everywhere on the gallery. This is what I get:Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 à 18.11.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thinking how I'd do, since I don't think we can edit z-index on only hover, it might not be possible for a prototype link (actually it might be if you're willing to create another artboard for each hover) but you can create for a few cards as for a video prototype, by on hover targeting an artboard that has the hovered element on top. It seems like that's the way to do, at least for now, hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help and your time, that's what I wanted to know. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually after coming across to a similar problem, I thought about this more and there's a not-perfect work around to achieve that with a slightly flawed animation, it's too hard for me too explain by text here (it was also challenging in the video but that's because of my English lol but I'm sure you'll get it easily) so I tried to demonstrate here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPygeBlKKlU (I'm going to update if I make a polished version of this 🙂) Hope this helps!
Edit: Actually I made a video including a second method also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmHoCJ3eqhU here if you want to check, have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, it's very well thought out. Thank you very much for this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines