• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to see glyphs (and use Font Awesome)?

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Font Awesome (the icon font) works in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign but not XD - is there a trick to getting it to work with XD?

Also, does XD have a Glyphs panel? If not, a Glyphs panel is kind of mandatory, may I please request one?

Cheers

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

The font seems to be working just fine for me. 

I followed the instructions here - Font Awesome: How to use Font Awesome icons in Photoshop or Illustrator – Iftakhar's Web Design/Development Blog e.g. Selectively grabbed the icons I wanted from - Font Awesome Cheatsheet .

There is no glyphs panel just yet. Can you per chance add a vote to this feature request? Glyphs Palette – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font seems to be working just fine for me. 

I followed the instructions here - Font Awesome: How to use Font Awesome icons in Photoshop or Illustrator – Iftakhar's Web Design/Deve... e.g. Selectively grabbed the icons I wanted from - Font Awesome Cheatsheet .

There is no glyphs panel just yet. Can you per chance add a vote to this feature request? Glyphs Palette – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got an annoyingly large bounding box when i pasted an icon into XD. anyone experiencing the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to import 'font-awesome' fonts into your system Fonts folder.

Windows: Control Panel -> Fonts

Mac: ~/Library/Fonts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to select regular or solid next to your font size in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure there is no kerning. i.e. the AV symbol must be 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG I wish I would have found this solution sooner. I've been uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my computer and searching for a solution for longer than I'd like to admit! THANKYOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right here is the MVP answer I was looking for.

For future visitors here's my workflow:

• Add font to Fontbook
  • Copy correct glyph from FA website; free license is either solid or regular weight
  • Paste into XD text area
  • Ensure font is set to Font Awesome 6 Free and the weight is set appropriately (depending on what glyph you copied)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!... only those four steps? Really, we XD users complain about any insignificance.

Anyway... left Font Awesome behind many years ago, when I saw there wouldn’t be any solution to that. Now simply copy paste the glyph converted to curves and paste right at the text’s side. It's a waste of time of course, but hey, there are still worst things on XD that makes burn your time (and patience) multiplied by 1000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 6 year in the future... not yet, nothing.

Yet another nightmare is adding glyphs... not supported visualization on XD, so I've to copy-paste blindingly from Illustrator or preconvert them to curves.

Definitivelly, an absolutelly BETA version after six years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, thanks for the recommendation !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines