• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I tried Figma and I hate it, BUT XD can do better from developer point of view also collaboration

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD lacks big time in certain aspects.  Figma feels like scratching my face with my foot, the work flow sucks and is slow, XD is a thousand times better in that regard.

However, XD sucks from the developer's point of view.

Why isn't Adobe trying to improve the developer's work flow, so we can all forget about Figma? Because Figma is becoming more and more popular, I have clients who don't wanna hear about XD.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you feedback and really sorry you feel issues in few aspects in XD.

Could you please help us better understand in which areas or aspects you're finding difficulty to work on in XD. Also any suggestions from your side would be much appreaciated. 

Thanks for your genuine feedback and really looking forward to hear more from you.

Regards,

Nawneet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nawneet,

I'm a designer, not a developer, but mostly all of the developers I worked with prefer Figma. But as a design tool, in my opinion, Figma sucks. So if XD could tackle the problems that the developers are faceing, that would make XD the preferred app for both designers and developers.

Right now many companies are moving away from XD, like there are literally clients and developers who don't wanna hear about XD.

That's why I started using Figma as well, they actually refuse to work with someone who doesn't use Figma. In the not very distant past, it really didn't matter what you used, clients didn't really care. Nowadays most of them specifically want Figma.

I'm afraid that if Adobe doesn't do something soon, XD will have Sketch's fate. I really hope not, I love XD, even though I hate its bugs, but as far as work flow and UX, XD is amazing compared to Figma.

Cheers,

Chrus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD's share links have tools for developers similar to Figma. I think what you're seeing is simply personal preference of one app over another, not because XD is specifically lacking features for developers. Developers often prefer everything in one format. For years that was Photoshop files even as better apps like Sketch, etc first came onto the market. Now Sketch, XD, and Figma are all battling for the hearts and minds of designers and developers. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying what the developers are telling me. As a collaboration tool, Figma is faster. As a design tool, XD is faster. Use Figma with your team and you'll see that there are huge differences.

I'm just saying, please copy Figma's collaborative features and win. I HATE FIGMA WITH A PASSION!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @chris.bannu, for sharing your feedback. We understand your concern and will make sure to pass on your feedback to the team for making improvements.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines