• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import AE into XD

Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's possible to design something in XD and then import it into AE, but is it possible to do it the other way round?

Say if I wanted to animate some kind of interaction (e.g. a dropdown menu) in AE could I then put it into XD? would I just do it in the form of an .mp4 file?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

You can also import video into Xd, so if you export as .mp4 you can import it there. Here's more info on working with video in Adobe Xd.

The bodymovin plugin for generating lottie files from AE is free as well, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create Lottie-Files in AE and then place them inside XD… Have Fun!

https://lottiefiles.com/blog/tips-and-tutorials/how-to-add-lottie-animations-in-adobe-xd-prototypes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I looked into Lottie files but it appears that a plugin is required for After Effects... is there a way around this do you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also import video into Xd, so if you export as .mp4 you can import it there. Here's more info on working with video in Adobe Xd.

The bodymovin plugin for generating lottie files from AE is free as well, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines