Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect colour code reflected in the design specs under shared link

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug. 

I tried to share my design specs with my developer through the shared link that was generated from XD Share > Development and the colour code (Under box-shadow) was reflected wrongly. There was an additional "34" behind the hex code #00204E. When I went back to my working file to check, the colour code was correct. I also tried to re-input the colour code and update the link again but it still reflect with an additional number at the back. 

Has anyone experience this before? May I know if there is any way resolve this?  Thank you in advance. 

What was reflected on the link that I sharedWhat was reflected on the link that I sharedWhat it was supposed to be.What it was supposed to be.

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Hi Kenneth,

In DesignSpecs web app, you have an option to view the colors in Hex, RGBA and HSLA. You can change the notation the selection the option "RGBA" in the dropdown. If the selected value is RGBA, the color values are displayed in RGBA format.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghavendra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlotee ,

Thanks for writing us,  The addition value that was getting in CSS code   is  "Alpha percentage  in hex value " i.e. 8 digits hex value  .For example hex = #00204E and  Alpha  16%  in XD then in CSS it will 8 digit Hex #00204E29. 

You can refer Alpha percentage in hex value at https://gist.github.com/lopspower/03fb1cc0ac9f32ef38f4 

Please reach out if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Rajasekhar Reddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reddy, 

Thank you for clarifying! If that's the case, currently my hex value is #00204E and my alpha value is 20%, but it is reflecting as #00204E34 instead of #00204E33 as according to the hex value at https://gist.github.com/lopspower/03fb1cc0ac9f32ef38f4 ? Will it affect if it is 33 or 34 in this case?

Thank you.

Many Thanks,
Charlotte 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlotte,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried reproducing the  same with same properties i.e. #00204E and 20% alpha and in the CSS code , got the correct value i.e. #00204E33 , I am just wondering how it was varying  .Could you please try the same values on other object and let us know the result .If possible share the file for which this issue  was occurring .

Regards,

Rajasekhar Reddy.Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 11.13.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reddy,

I tried on the other objects in a fresh new document. Here are the results. The new objects that are fill with

- White and Black : #00204E34 
- Other colours : #00204E33

Here is the working file for the result. My XD version is 26.0.22.5. 
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/brnzc9y3rkf833z/Test%20document.xd?dl=0 

Original Asset
Original Asset.png
New Object - White
New object-white.png

New Object - Black

New object-black.png

New Object- Blue

New object-random blue.png

New Object - Red

New object-random red.png

Thank you. 

Many Thanks,
Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note,  #RRGGBBAA notation is not supported by Microsoft browsers (and other browsers' old versions) so XD should be using rgba() instead, which is universally supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kenneth,

In DesignSpecs web app, you have an option to view the colors in Hex, RGBA and HSLA. You can change the notation the selection the option "RGBA" in the dropdown. If the selected value is RGBA, the color values are displayed in RGBA format.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghavendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines