• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Adobe xd on window 7

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i install the adobe xd in window 7?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Sorry, but you cannot install it on Windows 7. Adobe is building XD on a newer Windows development platform that requires Windows 10. From what I've read and seen, XD will never work on anything prior to Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you cannot install it on Windows 7. Adobe is building XD on a newer Windows development platform that requires Windows 10. From what I've read and seen, XD will never work on anything prior to Windows 10.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to have Xd adobe for my work so can i get it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the explanation as to why:

Adobe XD Windows Update | Adobe Blog​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no explanation for me... I want to use it, but I want to maintain my windows 7 without updating it to win10... It is very unfair and craptalk to force using something I dont't want to... shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 is almost nine years old now, and cannot support this much-newer application; it's as simple as that – sorry.

The good news, at least, is that Adobe just made XD completely free for everyone worldwide, forever, for those who have Windows 10:

Yes, It’s True: Adobe XD (New Experience Design Tool) Is Now Free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot install Adobe XD on window 7 as it has some lacking features in comparison with Windows 10 and XD is made for windows 10 and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for copy&paste answer... I don't see any problem besides marketing and forcing to use win10 when I dont want to... and do not reply that you have arleady written...

More powerfull Adobe programs can run on earlier version of windows so why Adobe Xd can't? Because someone on the top forced it, that's why...

And I can install it on my Iphone SE but on win7 I cannot fck logic yeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that doesn't make sense... There's simply no reason Adobe "marketing" would want to force use of Windows 10 if the application could readily run on Windows 7 as well. Quite the opposite, in fact – if they limited it to only the newer o/s version unnecessarily, then that would restrict the potential user base – and wouldn't be anything anyone (either the company or its users) would want, if it weren't necessary for what the developers wanted to achieve.

The reason Adobe XD is Win10-only is because it is built on a platform (UWP) that Windows 7 simply does not support. That is all. Any other line of discussion is not fruitful or productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russia Government is using Windows 7, Even NASA is still using Windows XP. Why can't Adobe XD be used on Windows 7???. That explanation is irrelevant and lame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018, I was trying to install Photoshop CC 2018 on my Windows 10 (v1507, from 2015). It didn't run, saying I needed at least Windows 10 v1703 (from 2017). I thought exactly like the gentlemen here that Photoshop might have some new features that can't run on older OS. Then I found some funny things about the requirements. Photoshop CC 2018 required Windows 7 or Windows 10 v1703 (or later). Which means, Windows 7 had some magical facilities that Windows 8/8.1 or 10 (before v1703) couldn't provide. I also tried PS CC2018 on a Windows 7 machine and it worked. From that day, I believe that most of the times (not always though), companies just increase the OS the requirements to force users use the latest OS for maybe some commercial reason. 

Adobe XD won't run though, because it uses the Modern Interface from MDL(Microsoft's Metro Design Language), which it only available from Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should available for win 7 because there are so many designer who using win 7,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why Adobe xd   not available for windows 7,   its business strategist .?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want to try XD but can't do it because I have Windows 7.😦😣D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll soon be attempting to install a virtual machine on my Win7 OS, and within that virtuall machine install Win10 and then install Adobe XD just to give it a try. That is the only workaround Adobe's limitations I can think of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afff.... win 10 sux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issue with Adobe XD on windows 10. We would request you to please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/system-requirements.html for system requirments in order to use Adobe XD.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you just decided to drop that tldr bombshell that helps no body and insults everyone looking for help. 
Typicall Adobe Authorised Support

No it doesn't help, and even the smallest amount of bother on your part would have made it painfully obvious that your comment is as useless as a royal family in a democratic country. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genius Insult pure Genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install a virtual machine on your Win7, and install Win10 on that virtual machine, then the Adobe XD. 

Alternativeley here are a couple o programs to replace your need for Adobe XD:

Pencil Project
Affinity Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Get Started community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to download and install older version of Adobe XD to Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

XD needs win 10

Kind regards,
Dragos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines