• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Opening Adobe XD (Your developer license has expired. To continue to use this app, please renew your license.)

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help with this > I got this error today after opening XD once I tried to open it again and receive a license expired Popup saying  ("Your developer license has expired. To continue to use this app, please renew your license.") Please note my creative cloud license is up to date and there doesn't seem to be any issues with my account. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Can you try enabling side loading of application as described in the screenshot below? Let us know of it helped.sideload.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

first of all: Sorry for my English... well, I am a little bit confused.

Yesterday, I created a normal XD File, worked on this, Saved...

reopened today, worked, safed, restarted my Laptop, wanted to work on my file again and now: I can't open ist because of this Issue:

Unbenannt-1.jpg

It Says: "Your developer license has expired. Renew your license if you want to keep using the app."

I found nothing really helpful... Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I see, this looks like an OS (Windows) issue. Can you try the solutions in this doc "your Developer's License has expired. To continue to use this - Microsoft Community ​ and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue. Just this morning. No other application that I've tried encounters this; Adobe, Microsoft or otherwise. Can't see a relevant Windows related solution.

UPDATE: I reinstalled XD, and it works. But still, something has tripped it up, so there's probably something to look into by he devs at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, its so sad because I have to reinstall the XD and thus losing my recent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as well.  only related to adobe xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I@m having this problem too, only with XD.  I uninstalled and re-installed XD on Friday which fixed it, but now I'm getting the developer licence error message again today.

PLEASE find a solution to this because it's going to be crazy to have to keep re-installing XD every single day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday,I also encountered the same problem ,so i just changed my windows settings to developer mode and now its working fine.

I suggest you guys to try the same thing, it might work and solve the issue.

Steps:-

1. Go to the Windows Settings.

2. Choose Update and Security.

3. Go to the "For developers" section and choose either sideload apps or developer mode.

It'll work for both options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too, and the above workaround works.

It seems to be related to a recent Windows update, but XD is the only app I've found affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @MalaySourv Sir & thank god i read your solution within 5 minutes of the issue arraised and it saved my many hrs of time to investigate and try outs of problem solving research. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow these steps to fix this Issue

1.Click on windows icon on your desktop(Bottom left side)

2.Click on setting icon

3.In settings search for "For developers setting" and click on it

4.Check mark Side load apps

Close the setting tab and launch XD

You are good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the windows issue. I noticed, due to the hardware problem. I could not run my windows pc. Did not understand what to do. After the study, then I go through https://acersupportnumber.com/windows-10-keeps-restarting-acer-laptop/ it. From here I got the proper solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Its working for my end... Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Preran. It's usefull. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much, this worked for me as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked; but why did this change happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling the sideload apps fixed the issue. Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me too, the accepted answer fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for saving the day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! No idea why this happened but glad this solved it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It solved my problem. My O.S is in Swedish so it took a while before I found the setting.

In Swedish the error is:

Din utvecklarlicens har gått ut. Förnya din licens om du vill fortsätta använda den här appen.

Search for Utvecklarinställningar in Windows.
And change to Separat inläsning av appar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines