Exit

linked assets issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys 

I am a very basic user of Adobe XD!

when I copy a board or object across to a new board adobe XD warns me about issue with resuing linked assets. Im saving my working locally on my computer.

I don't see what the big issue is as the new board is copied acorss successfully - can anyone give me a simle explanatimn of why this is an issue?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot of the warning that you are getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Michael 

many thanks 

the message is a stadnard one about how you cannot copy over linked assets onto new projects unless you save the boards to creative cloud library - just wondering why adobe says that when boards seem to copy over just fine and objects etc.. are included in components list on left hand side of interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I tried to recreate this scenario and didn't get the same result. I copied a board from my desktop to a cloud document and back just fine. Hmmm, we might have to explore this more. Can you copy individual assets back and forth (like jpgs)? Or is it just for full boards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines