• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live preview mobile still not working

Advisor ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this option on XD mobile for years but it's never been working. The first year or so it said it was a Mac only feature on this very screen, but I haven't seen that disclaimer in a long time but still, when I have a Xd document open and connect my Android phone to my W10 PC nothing happens. I suggest Adobe just close the project for Windows and Android instead of having a menu option that doesn't work.

live-preview.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Thank you for sharing the details, I'd suggest submitting your feedback here: Tethered (USB) Mobile Device Preview on Windows – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and upvote this feature request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we need some information to help you, like:

• Adobe XD version on your computer;
  • Adobe XD version on your phone;
  • features of your computer.

We'd also request you to please check out this article: Preview your prototypes on mobile devices and try the steps mentioned and let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD Ver. 21.0.12.11
XD mobile ver. 21.0.0 (22305)

Checked Play Store and I'm up to date on the mobile app according to them. I have allowed automatic updates for that app on my Samsung S7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're unable to use Live preview on your android phone from windows10 machine. In addition to what Italo Sannino has said, please try these steps and share your results with us.

1. Connect USB cable before you launch the app

2. Pull down from top of screen to see notifications

3. Tap the “connected for charging” notification

4. Select Transferring media files

5. Launch XD app for the first time.

6. Open XD on mobile

Please let us know if that works. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, I'd suggest submitting your feedback here: Tethered (USB) Mobile Device Preview on Windows – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and upvote this feature request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reinstall the app on iPad and pc but still not working. Looking for every chance but for nothing.

After that I try to use duet display, the resolution is so bad.

In desperate, I try the connection again, this thing is working now.

I don't know why but maybe the duet app fixed the connection problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This cabled or so-called "tethered" connection method with Windows was not a match made in Heaven...
Okay, it works splendid on a Mac with an iOS device. But on Windows it's a very fragile method, and Android is even still out of the question. Like mentioned earlier by some one in this discussion: it would be better if they'd just admit that it doesn't work on Windows and/or Android. That would really be helpful and save a lot of people a lot of time trying anything, messing with iTunes, Apple IDs, allowing access and all...

What does work, of course, is the cloud-based connection with the Adobe XD app to have Previews on your device !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and it's useless if you use non-Adobe fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to enable the usb debugging on your android mobile or tablet. 

to do that :

1- Activate the Developper mode

2- Enable the usb debugging.

now plug the usb cable and open XD on your macos laptop and also on your tablet 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bascially could not do responsive design with XD - help!

1. It is not working for me on mac tethering to android phone either, both XD versions (android and mac)  were just recently download this month. 
  2. I use usb2 mac- usb3 phone cables which should be just data cable.

Who got it working and can show us how it works? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using a PC my Adobe CC and XD are all up to date, I'm trying to use the live preview on my Ipad which isn't working it keeps loading an old file I've been working on a month ago instead of showing what I'm currently working on. I've cleared all the offline data on the Ipad XD options and it's still showing old files. How do I get the live preview to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines