• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live preview on Mobile Android Adobe Xd

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am new user on Adobe Xd, I have a question is can Adobe Xd live preview on Mobile Android ? Because my phone is Android and I am design UI mobile so if I can see live preview on mobile i will help me a lot of things. I try to connect but seem likes not working (connect via USB cable function like in apps said) -- I choose type connection is PTP via USB (the last function is Transfer file or Charging phone).

Here is my info :

- Adobe Xd on Windows ver : 35.1.12.5 (Starter)

Window 10

- Adobe Xd on my Android mobile ver : 35.0.0 (37048)

Android 10 QKQ1.191014.001

Phone Xiaomi Redmi 8 / MIUI Global 11.0.3 Stable 11.0.3(QCNMIXM)

I attachments some images for clear information.

If you have solution, please tell me. Thank you for read my post.

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you're having similar issue mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-...

If yes, please see Elaine's comment in the comment section of the above link and see if that helps and also upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Arpitha Sannappa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply me,

I just take a look and that post doesn't help me solve the issue. Any idea for this issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe xd doesn't support live preview for window to android , you will need to save the file to cloud and then see it in "Adobe XD" android app , i made a custom plugin for myself for a real live preview if you want it i can give it to ya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, can you share with me your custom plugin? Thanks & appreciate!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, can you wait ,one or two days i'll improve the code so it will be more reliable for public use , currently it just shows a image of the selected frame in the browser and you can refresh it instantly by pressing the hot key , i was using it so i can see the typical user experience , i ll change it so its more functional and you can interact with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps To Use my Android Live Preview:

Download the Plugin File here

Double click on it
Install is Locally in Creative Cloud

mannu246165083wnm_0-1654847322318.png

Now Download this application from here (note : this is built by me its secure!)

When you want to do the live preview open the "Live Preview.exe" file and wait for it to show this:

mannu246165083wnm_3-1654849001841.png

Also Allow This:

mannu246165083wnm_2-1654847507723.png

Now Make Sure Your Android Device (or any Other Device that can access browser) is Connected to Your pc
on the same Network like its both are connected to same Wifi or Pc Is connected to Other Device's hotspot

this program doen't require Internet connection they both just need to be on the same network

now open the Browser on your Android Phone and type this :

mannu246165083wnm_4-1654849020760.png

like this

mannu246165083wnm_5-1654849041351.png

then click search

the Page should look blank
Now Open Adobe XD
Open Your Document

Go To Plugins Tab and Make Sure "Live Preview" Plugin is there

mannu246165083wnm_6-1654849364628.png

Now Select Your ArtBoard and Press "Ctrl+Shift+W"

Now look at the Browser its Changed

mannu246165083wnm_7-1654849726879.png

Now If you select some other Artboard and Press "Ctrl+Shift+W" It Will change again
If you aren't selecting any Artboard when you press "Ctrl+Shift+W" It will Refresh it to the last Artboard you Selected

Note:
If this doesn't work please make sure that adobe xd have premission to access the internet in firewall in Control Panel  : "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps"

click on change Settings
look for Adobe XD enable both Private and Public and Click ok
Restart XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you. I follow your step and it's work!!! But the preview is not same as on mobile like this.

JamesTn_0-1654853427473.png

The artboard size is 360x1098 px, my screen phone is 1080x2400 px. It look smaller, then I adjust the artboard size same 1080x2400 is look good, some image is not load too. I think you can improve your tool make look better. Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had little tight schedule lately i m planning on improving it , its kind
of a prototype (lol prototype of a plugin for a application which makes
prototype)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines