• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Measuring distances between elements (option+command) doesn't work anymore after XD 45 update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Measuring distances between elements (option+command) doesn't work anymore. Now it only shows the distance between elements that are not in a group, only the option key alone, but when trying to get the distance between objects from separated groups doesn't work anymore from the last update. 🙂 Is that not available anymore or it doesn't work for me?

Thank you,

Camelia

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged a bug and it's still open. We'll update this discussion as soon as we hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm lefthanded and therefore I'm using the Alt gr key (German layout) for all the things that are usually done with the normal 'Alt' key. 

Until recently - I think - the 'Alt-gr' key was handled the same way as the normal 'Alt' key for every function, the showing of distances between elements being one of them. But this (very important) feature seems to be the one thing that's not in sync anymore between they two keys.

Anybody having the same problem? 

Just recently upgraded to Windows 11 I should say - although I couldn't find anything why this should be an issue. The key itself works fine in any other application. In XD as well, but for distances not anymore. 

Thank you!

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out. We'll share your feedback with the product team. Would you mind confirming if any of the options from the screenshot below are working for you? 

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 9.12.15 PM.png

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for the reply, Atul_Saini,

yes, I found these instructions before, and yes, these work. As I said, the issue is not the 'Alt' key, it's the 'Alt gr' key which is found on some international keyboards to my knowledge. It's to the right of the space key. 

The 'Alt gr' key usually works exactly the same way as the normal 'Alt' key. Except (and this is the issue) for the measuring of distances between objects. It did before, it does not anymore 😞

Thank you again.

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Phri_smenso. I'll share your feedback with the product team.

Would you mind sharing the logs from your machine using this link:- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html? In addition, please upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share them via private message.  

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, thanks for your reply and your patience.

I've uploaded the logs with the Log Collector Tool. I'll send you a link to a private share as well. 

Thanks

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, in my case the distance relative to selected group shortcut doesn't work anymore. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged a bug and it's still open. We'll update this discussion as soon as we hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The distance relative to selected group shortcut doesn't work for me neither. This is a bit of a "crisis" for me, as it slows down efficiency significantly... Hope a fix for this can come soon!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Andy, the team is working on a fix and we'll update this discussion as soon as we here from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a bug. Not so long ago, it was possible to measure the distance between objects belonging to different groups, simply by selecting the objects with Ctrl, and then holding Alt to measure the distance. Now it's not possible any more. This was a very useful feature, please bring it back.
Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged the bug and the team is working on a fix. Please stay tuned to this discussion for update.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh,

Any news about this bug fix? It's seriously slowing down our workflow.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines