• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone/Voice recording not working on Preview

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've seen several issues raised about the voice/microphone recording during Preview, very similar to what I am experiencing.  

As with Jean-Claud's, I have uninstalled, cleared all preferences, and already activated the option next to the Record icon. I got the permissions pop-up and enable it. I already made sure that the microphone permissions are enabled with XD in the System Settings, I restarted XD and the Mac. Still nothing. The microphone works well in other programs (I just used it with Camtasia, Google Slides, and a bunch of online meeting apps) and it is only with Adobe XD that I'm having this issue.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, Mojave OS 10.14.6, and I'm working with Adobe XD 28.9.12.2. 

I've tried solutions offered in these posts, but neither was really helpful:

XD Microphone input

Not able to record voice and audio playbacks even my microphone is enabled

Unable to record audio while recording prototype

and the Jean-Claude post mention at the beginning of my post. 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edgar,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for sharing the detailed information, it's really helpful. Just for testing purposes, could you please try and test one more thing? Could you please try recording the home screen of your desktop and test if you are able to record the audio as well? You don't have to do it on any application, just recording the desktop screen with audio. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, in order to record any screen recording (e.g. of the desktop), a Mac user needs to start a specific tool like the built-in QuickTime. However, this screen recording doesn't include audio. You need to create an audio recording, which offers microphone choices (if multiple sources are available). But then again, I tested it and Adobe XD doesn't use this setting but defaults to any other randomly or alphabetically ranked input (maybe based on its name).

It doesn't even use the System preferred audio input.

So this isn't really making any difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Rishab. 

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes, I recorded the desktop and other things and the audio worked. I used the built-in microphone and a separate microphone that comes with my set of headphones and in both cases, it recorded the audio. 

I figured out a workaround by using Camtasia to record my XD preview, but I would still appreciate finding a fix to this problem so I can record directly on XD in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details Edgar, we have raised a feedback ticket with our Engineering team to investigate this further. We do need a few more information and we'll really appreciate if you can share that with us:

1. Did the Preview voice recording ever work on this machine?
  2. Please navigate to Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup and share the screenshot of Audio MIDI Setup.
  3. If it's possible, please test this on a new user account and see if voice recording works in the new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishab,

1. No, it is actually the first time I use Adobe XD on this computer. 

2. I have attached the screenshots. I had three options, so I just took a screenshot for each one of them. I hope they help. 

3. Unfortunately, I cannot change users right now because I am using my office MacBook and my permissions are limited. I am not able to change users, even to Guest. I raised a ticket to my IT department, so if I am able to get that done quickly I will reply here. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.14.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.14.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.15.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshots Edgar, it's really helpful. Do let us know if you are able to check it on a new user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a separate microphone in stead of the built-in Mac(Book) microphone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, 

Thanks for your input above, forgot to mention it in my reply to Rashib. 

Yes, I have tested with the built-in microphone, a set of headphones, and a set of earphones with a microphone. None of them worked in XD, all of them work with Camtasia, Slides, Meet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Same problem. Tried everything you've tried. I've seen all the other threads as well. Oddly enough, the mic recording used to work for me. I don't know what changed. I don't have Soundflower, and am able to record my desktop with audio just fine. I'm using the built-in mic. I am running Catalina 10.15.5 and XD Version 30.2.12.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.48.36. 

Update: I just updated Adobe XD to 30.3.12.5 and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danirael,

Sorry for the trouble you're facing with recording in XD. If you have tried the steps suggested in the post. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the immediate assistance on the issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Edgar, seems like this has been plaguing so many of us Mac users on a variety of OS. I'm exactly as you are and have followed all the threads and tried all suggestions, but still no joy. Did you ever follow up or get any solutions from Adobe? Regards

John 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...

Adobe XD and microphone recording seems to be fragile... Mine is broken back now. Microphone is working in all others applications. Only Adobe XD is not capturing it. I’m on Mac 10.13.6. My previous fix is not possible sonce I don’t have that extension anymore. So it’s something else this time.

Painful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thread started in 2020 and the issue is still not fixed. Are they any plans when the Adobe XD team will work on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i should had updated adobe xd because it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines