• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Naming files when exporting

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this feature is available, I haven't found it. I want to be able to choose a filename when I export an artboard so that I can save multiple versions of the mockup without having to go to File Explorer and rename the first file before I can export a new one without overwriting the old.

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

You can select an artboard, then go into the File menu (Mac) or 3 lined menu (Windows) and choose Export > Selected. Then you can set the filename for the exported file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If I understood correctly, you are trying to export different versions of the same artboard or assets? If yes, before exporting the file you can change the name of the artboard or assets, and then you can export them. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can select an artboard, then go into the File menu (Mac) or 3 lined menu (Windows) and choose Export > Selected. Then you can set the filename for the exported file.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines