Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help figuring out how to properly scale image to rectangle

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aidan27316055efvz_0-1669505771185.png

I'm new to UI/UX design, and I'm trying to figure out why the full movie poster on the right can't seem to properly, cleanly, fit into the rectangle when I try to drag and drop. I've been Googling for multiple hours, and I can't seem to find a proper answer. I assume it has something to do with aspect ratios, but when I tried adjusting the poster in Canva to a 'Landscape', it still couldn't fit inside the rectangle without some aspects being cropped or the image quality looking atrocious.

Would love for some support 🙂

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Hey, I'm not sure what the intended result is. Clearly, the poster is much taller than the available space in that header. You can't fit the whole poster in there. It has to be cropped. If you fit it preserving the aspect ratio, there will be white space on both sides of it and it will be pretty small.

I would put the whole poster smaller in the left, like a facebook avatar, or like it's on imdb.com for any movie, and for that header I would use the same image but blur it, so it's a fitting ba

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I'm not sure what the intended result is. Clearly, the poster is much taller than the available space in that header. You can't fit the whole poster in there. It has to be cropped. If you fit it preserving the aspect ratio, there will be white space on both sides of it and it will be pretty small.

I would put the whole poster smaller in the left, like a facebook avatar, or like it's on imdb.com for any movie, and for that header I would use the same image but blur it, so it's a fitting background, in case you need the header at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines