• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with copying vector images from Adobe XD to Adobe Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge advantage of working in Adobe XD for me is its full integration with other Adobe products. But after one of the latest Adobe XD updates, there was a problem copying vector images from Adobe XD to Adobe Illustrator. Previously, I could copy an svg-element from Adobe XD (using the Ctrl+C keyboard shortcuts) and paste it as an svg-element to Adobe Illustrator (using the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts). But now I can't do this, because all vector files are copied from Adobe XD as a bitmap image in very poor quality with a black background. This made the process very difficult. Now, to transfer a vector file from Adobe XD, I can't use hotkeys, I have to save it in svg format to my computer, and then open this file in Adobe Illustrator.

In the opposite direction, everything works correctly (vector-elements are transferred from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD as vector-elements).

Do you know about this problem? Do you plan to fix this error?

The video with the problem is attached

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on my windows machine. I dragged an svg from PICHON icon app into XD and then copy it into Adobe Illustrator and it showed up fine. Is it happening with all the files or with this specific file? Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private messae so that I can check at my end?

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with all vector elements. And not just with icons. For example, I used to draw vector illustrations in Adobe XD and could easily copy them to an Illustrator. But now they are also transferred as bitmaps.

I used to copy these elements a lot of times, and until one of the latest Adobe XD updates, there were no problems. Now I do same actions, but the elements are transferred to Illustrator as bitmaps every time 😞

I am almost sure that this is a bug after the last update, because I have seen users here who have the same problem around the same time as me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing the about XD info page and the operating system you are working on? 

We will investigate the issue at our end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having this problem. Anytime I try to copy a vector from XD into Photoshop the format of the image changes to a bitmap image. Very frustrating. Is there a fix or does this have a workaround?

I'm using an icon plugin inside XD so I don't actually have the vector icons as individual files, but I expect copy and paste to work within the Adobe ecosystem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines