• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype-Auto Animate is not working in XD.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am struggling with the "auto animate" in Adobe XD. I've tried to follow the online tutorials, they seems like very easy to make the "drop down menu" very smooth by using the auto animation a nd the easing. But.. when I follow to do, it looks like did not change anything (just like a basic linking)   Initially, I thought it is because I imported my files from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD, but, I also try to create a new one in Adobe XD, it also the same. How to solve the problems? 

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and trying AutoAnimate feature in XD I would like to confirm if you have checked this tutorial on dropdown menu in XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZII1R1GPwF0

Let me know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and trying AutoAnimate feature in XD I would like to confirm if you have checked this tutorial on dropdown menu in XD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZII1R1GPwF0

Let me know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Today we are designing some cool Hover Dropdown Menu Animations in Adobe Xd using auto animate and hover triggers. Hover triggers in Adobe Xd are super helpful, especially when used with Component States. I am attaching the Adobe Xd file below: Adobe XD File: http://bit.ly/hoverdropdown Join the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the struggles are with copying and pasting stuff too easily. Note that in order to let elements animate correctly, they need to have the same name ! You can use Illuystrator elements as well as freshly created ones – that shouldn't matter. But you can't just create elements which look the same (they'll have a different name) and then alter them and hope they'll animate. It's the name that counts !

You can check and if necessary even correct the names in the Layers panel on the left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Sir! You save my day, I struggle with this for whole day until I see your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Hope you've fixed it by now!  
But I've found out that some animations don't go through because they're "grouped", ungrouping the element that needs to animate does the trick most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the case, for me! Thanks for the insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines