• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Local Items" Keychain Password Entry Request

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case others have experienced the same issue: What on Earth is the purpose of the following dialog?

Adobe Keychain Message.png

In my keychain directory (Mac OS Monerey 12.5.1) there is no such thing as a "Local Items" keychain, so what (other) password could this message possibly be referring to? I've never seen it before, in well over five years of using my current Adobe CC account.

The message pops up persistently when running Xd or Photoshop (and presumably other Adobe CC apps). It does not actually do anything besides annoy. It takes two successive 'Cancel' clicks—and sometimes more, nor rhyme nor reason—to make it go away for a short while, only to reappear and be in the way.

Background: Recent periodic system access (incl corporate VPN) password reset. Mac restart does nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hi @andreasm92045834,

We are sorry for the trouble. As you get the Keychain login password pop-up, please try the steps mentioned below:

For macOS Monterey

• Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utility folder within the Applications folder.
  • From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  • Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
  • Authenticate with your account login password.
  • Quit Keychain Access.
  • Reboot your Mac.

Let us know if that helps. We'll try our best to help.

Discla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andreasm92045834,

We are sorry for the trouble. As you get the Keychain login password pop-up, please try the steps mentioned below:

For macOS Monterey

• Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utility folder within the Applications folder.
  • From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  • Authenticate with your account login password.
  • Quit Keychain Access.
  • Reboot your Mac.

Let us know if that helps. We'll try our best to help.

Disclaimer: Please ensure to keep a backup of your passwords, as it will delete all your saved passwords.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Can you describe what this does before we do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I honestly don't know if it's related (please advise) but many of my logins were not found after a restart. I've had to reset them. Again, I don't know if it's related because I was working on a few things. I have simply reset them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines