• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing a color asset with another color asset

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. How to replace a color asset with another? For example, I want to delete the "Mid Gray" color asset and have it automatically replaced with "Mid Gray" color asset that is linked with another document. This is so I can use the other document to update the color globally.

If I highlight on canvas "Mid Gray" (without link symbol), it automatically shows me all instances that's using the color, but if I click on "Mid Gray" (with link symbol), the color doesn't get replaced.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 19.15.41.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the following link it might be helpful - https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869085-global-st...

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi that doesn't solve my issue sorry. I have two files:

1) Mobile prototype of a website with its own color assets.

2) Desktop prototype of a website with its own color assets.

I want to convert all of my desktop prototype color assets to match the mobile color assets, so that when I change the colors in the mobile prototype, it will reflect the change in the desktop version as well.

I've uploaded a screen capture with audio on Dropbox to help explain what I meant. Hope it's clear enough:

Vid screen capture with sound 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines