• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing fonts in XD

Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm trying to replace fonts in XD but I cannot select a font to replace with.

Are other's having this same issue? What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance. See screenshot attached.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

It starts by listing the name of the font you're replacing. That's so you know what it was and you may not have that font family, but sometimes you do have the family just not the style (bold, italic, etc). Once you've selected a new font family from the top menu (where the previous font was listed) then the second menu should become enabled (where you can choose style such as bold, italic, etc.) I hope that clarifies why it's doing what it's doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlisle1500,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using fonts XD. After looking into that screenshot which you have shared with us, I saw that you are doing correct but did you try opening the fonts dropdown which is present beside the font name in replace missing font window. please go through the attached gif for your reference and try again to replace the missing font, If still the Issue persists try restarting Adobe XD once check. Also go through the below attached link for more Infomation: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-fonts-xd.ug.html.

please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chenthan,

Sometimes I use Adobe Products and feel like an Alien.

I assumed that Adobe was telling me the name of the existing font and allowing me to pick a new font.

But in my issue, I could see the replacement font but I couldn't access the dropdown to select bold, normal, etc. based on your image. I saw no choices to select. I find it odd that Adobe would suggest a new font and then not complete the rest since they are thinking for me.  I think this is a bug because someone didn't add the list for this dropdown to pull from.

I just skipped the font issue...I would like to know the answer but right now I don't know if dropdown issue or local font issue on my machine (Windows 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see how it can be confusing with no labels for the menus.

If you choose a new font and the second (bottom) menu does not show alternative styles that should mean they are not available for that particular font. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was it suggested then? I had no say in the selection...only that I wanted to replace the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It starts by listing the name of the font you're replacing. That's so you know what it was and you may not have that font family, but sometimes you do have the family just not the style (bold, italic, etc). Once you've selected a new font family from the top menu (where the previous font was listed) then the second menu should become enabled (where you can choose style such as bold, italic, etc.) I hope that clarifies why it's doing what it's doing.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dan, I'll look at this again when I go back in XD this afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

I tried it again in the afternoon that day and it worked.

In the screenshot it shows the old font and since I don't have it there are no options to select (normal, bold, etc).

But moving along, users are either mac, windows or android, I wish Adobe would find a way for us to pull the font directly in XD though but I guess in the big picture fonts don't really matter.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I passed the XD exam. This will be my last comment on this tread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines