Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling Chatbot

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm prototyping a chat bot, but there seems to be one thing I can't figure out. Every art board contains a new message bubble, so they extent slightly. How do I make Adobe XD show only the bottom part of the scrollable art board where the new message pops up? I've watched a ton of YouTube videos but I can't figure it out. Your help is so much appreciated, will fix my weekend!

Jesse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm, when you scroll are you continuing to see all messages, but your intention is to only see one message at a time?

One solution could be to create a repeat grid, have this grid as your scrolling block under other layers. Make sure anything you want to stay in place has "Fix Position when Scrolling" ticked in the panel on the right.

This will give the appearance that everything stays in view but as you scroll you can see the new messages.

If you want this to appear automated, such as when messages are typed in they appear and the others disappear this is also possible with auto-animation.

Hopefully I've understood your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers. This should be the result, only When the art board is full the messages should go up, when a new message is typed. Thank you so much!

Link:

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the exact answer to your question, but found a Youtube video about prototyping a chatbot with Adobe XD Adobe XD UI Chat Design/Prototype + prototype link/download - YouTube

Have a look and let us know if it helped.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
how did you make this prototype?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send handwritten sketch mockup? That can help to undertand a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines