• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Document name displayed as nonsense characters

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some linked components, the Source Document name is displayed as nonsense characters.  See attached.

The Source Document's name is 52 characters long, including spaces.  The Source Document's name is comprised of letters, numbers, hyphens and spaces.  No special characters and English alphabet letters only.

Other linked Source Documents show the correct name.

Adobe XD version is 29.1.32.8.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.5 (a MacBook Pro 15 inch from 2017).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the names of the source documents in XD.  I have checked the screenshot and I am unable to see any document with 52 characters. Could you please help me in navigating to the specific source document or you can create a video at your end and share? Please also mention if the source document has the same name as shown in the linked document.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua,

There is a known bug for a similar issue (i.e garbase values instead of source document name in the linked dropdown list ) and our developers are working towards it.  Although please share the information Harshika mentioned to investigate the issue better. 

Thanks & Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

If you hover over a linked component it is shows the source document's name.  If you filter your Assets panel by Components (using the drop down at the top), it groups your components together by source document and shows the name.

That is all I was trying to show in that screenshot, with the garbage name of the linked component's source doc highlighted.

I didn't include the source document, whose name is 52 characters long.  I just mentioned the source document's name length in case that was somehow relevent, but I don't know if it has anything to do with anything.

The source document does NOT have the name that is being displayed.

Attached is a video of an example of the problem (with same source doc).  You can see in the first file the garbage name next to the linked components.  Then I select Edit Master in Source Document and you can see its actual, normal name.

As Jagriti says, it sounds similar to the issue he references.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines