Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text tool not working and freezing the app - Last version of XD - Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
As the title says, in the last version of XD on my Windows 10 when i try to use the text tool the text icon appears but i'm unable to create a text and the program freezes (i need to open the task manager to close it)
Everything seems working right with the other tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Thanks for sharing the requested information over a private message. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our team can investigate it further.

I will get back to you if we need more details and also to update you on this issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi luigig28861835,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble you're experiencing while using text tool in XD. If it's happening frequently with you, then is it possible for you to record a video of your issue and share with us? Please also share the screenshot of your About XD info page. 

Please also try minimizing XD window and then maximizing it again just to switch focus and let us know if that helps.

If you continue to face the issue, please generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message so that we can investigate further.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the requested information over a private message. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our team can investigate it further.

I will get back to you if we need more details and also to update you on this issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been happening to me too, but only on Windows. I have a 2014 Macbook and it's fine there, but making edits with the text tool freezes everything inside the XD window on Windows 11. Weirdly, I can unfreeze it by unmaximizing and remaximizing the window. That's still not very productive to keep having to do that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines