• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfer ownership of a file to a different account?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - first time poster and amateur XD user, appreciate any help.

Our designer created the files using Adobe account with HER account -- but we need the ownership of the files transferred to OUR adobe account. I want to take ownership of XD files so that we can continue to make updates to the XD files without breaking the existing URL links in the cloud becasue we have inserted those URLs across so much of our documentatio. I want to take ownership of that file so that I can make updates to that file in MY account and publish them to that SAME URL? Any ideas? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Well, that's not really an amateur question 🙂

As far as I can test and guess, it's not possible.

There's no obvious method to transfer a file (or its ownership) to another user.

One could pragmatically just be handed the physical files to become the new owner.

But then there's still that snag of not retaining the earlier shared links for reviews.

I tested some scenarios (don't mind the actual previews):

Original 'lives' in cloud of owner (A), with this shared URL:

Old URL:  https://xd.adobe.com/view/10ef6610-57df-42df-46e6-079de0775441-66de/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's not really an amateur question 🙂

As far as I can test and guess, it's not possible.

There's no obvious method to transfer a file (or its ownership) to another user.

One could pragmatically just be handed the physical files to become the new owner.

But then there's still that snag of not retaining the earlier shared links for reviews.

I tested some scenarios (don't mind the actual previews):

Original 'lives' in cloud of owner (A), with this shared URL:

Old URL:  https://xd.adobe.com/view/10ef6610-57df-42df-46e6-079de0775441-66de/

When the file is copied from the cloud to a local file, the shared URL goes blank !

New URL: https://xd.adobe.com/view/9c70c8d6-942f-416e-5bde-57120be4f689-ea41/

When the file is copied locally, the earlier shared URL is kept intact.

But when this file is opened by another user (B), the URL goes blank again.

New URL: https://xd.adobe.com/view/65babda5-9bbc-40d8-40fe-111b844d6d60-138b/

So there's no valid or sneaky way to keep the URL the same, I'm afraid.

Maybe when you're using a Team or Enterprise account, things are different ?

The only way to help your testers and reviewers, is to put up a comment with the new URL in the existing preview...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Peter response, we also have a uservoice request raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20173018-transfer-...

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UV request  is from 2017, not very motivating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a work around that helped me transfer Adobe Spark files between two accounts. I am not sure if it will help with your application. In the original owner's account, I invited the new account to collaborate on the project. In the new account, I accepted the invite and duplicated the project file. By duplicating the project, Adobe assigned me as owner of the copy. Once there were two files in my new account, the original and the copy, I left the collaboration of the original project. In my case, I then deleted the original project from the original owner's account because they no longer wanted it, and my copy remained on the new account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the suggestion, we really appreciate your participation. In XD, when we save a copy of the file, we lose the ability to update the published link instead we get an option to create a new link, which in most cases is not feasible. Having said, we have already shared the feedback with our Engineering team and they are actively working on the request.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other suggestions or feedback.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, is there any update on this at all?  I have seen this reply on several message boards around this issue all of which say that the engineering team is working actively on a solution but that was 18 months ago. is there any news on this, I am struggling to understand how this isn't an item to be prioritised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines