• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to grab and move around the workspace using middle mouse button in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. My middle mouse button is not working. Just the click, not the scroll behaviour. So I can't grab and move around the workspace. Is there another way to do this? With keyboard or something. Thank you.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

If you use the spacebar with the left mouse button this should give you the hand to grab and move around the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the spacebar with the left mouse button this should give you the hand to grab and move around the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it is possible to use other buttons to do this (like selecting the "pan" tool) but I am often switching between PDF (Adobe Acrobat Pro) and AutoCAD, where middle mouse button can click and drag to pan, and the scroll wheel zooms. Since I'm switching between the two, I would like them to have to same controls, while also being able to have the highlight tool selected in the PDF. Is it just not possible to remap the pan tool to the middle mouse button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I second this a lot of people in that work with CAD feel this way. Their are several forum posts I have seen over the years about this. From a control stand point it is a very efficient way to naviagate a virtual space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is, if you noticed, not a single hand interaction. Why do these designers expect everyone to work with a touch-based interface at all times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can drag and move workspace only by middlemouse button on a Windows system computer, but I can't do the same on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem and it's frustrating me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, you're not alone.

I don't understand why there is a difference. I can do the same thing in PS & AI both in Mac & Win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly pan by holding the middle mouse button and zoom when holding Cmd but now, panning will allow me to only use the spacebar for that. Can this bug be resolved? it's messing up my workflow big time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think standardizing the same essential shortcuts of adobe apps would be convenient for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly. I completely agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines